Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 93 of 148 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 143 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default Re: Polish Regimental Badges WW2

acquired these two items at the weekend. I am aware of the 7 Pulk Artillery but the eagle thrown in with it I haven't a clue. could be post war given the Barclay's Bank look to it !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Couple of questions I was hoping someone could give me a hand with: in my father's war record I received from the UK Ministry of Defence, it mentions a Polish Medal entitlement: "Honorary decoration for wounds". Any idea what this would be?
    Also he was awarded the Cross of Valour and two bars. No sign of the bars anywhere. Do Cross of Valour bars show up on auction sites from time to time? Happy New Year to all!!! Amazing site.

Hi Stepic and Happy New Year to you also!

Quote by stepic51 View Post
    . . . in my father's war record I received from the UK Ministry of Defence, it mentions a Polish Medal entitlement: "Honorary decoration for wounds". Any idea what this would be? . . .
    Your father was wounded in combat and would have been issued this document which authorized the display of a wound badge. This ‘badge’ is essentially a ribbon segment in the colours of the Virtuti Militari with a star denoting the quantity of wounds sustained. It was displayed above the ribbon bar, as shown here:

And here’s an example of the ‘legitymacja’ document:

. . . Also he was awarded the Cross of Valour and two bars. No sign of the bars anywhere. Do Cross of Valour bars show up on auction sites from time to time? . . .
    Yes they do, although not often found loose. When they are on the market it’s usually mounted to a ribbon/cross, and these always fetch a premium. And no surprise, lately reproductions have been making the rounds – such as these:

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

According to the war record he was first wounded in action in the defence of Warszawa and again near Couvicourt during the Normandy campaign. Would the ribbon likely have had 2 stars?

Leila Ghaznavi
    ?

Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a WW2 Wojtek 22nd Transport Company Badge. I have been searching for a while and I was hoping someone might here might have advice on where I could look to find one. Or if I'm very lucky if someone might have one they'd be willing to part with. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated as it's very important to me. I would also be interested in other Wojtek items if available.

Thanks
    -L.

According to the war record he was first wounded in action in the defence of Warszawa and again near Couvicourt during the Normandy campaign. Would the ribbon likely have had 2 stars?
    Hi Stepic, sorry – I overlooked this question. It’s a good one. If the wound during the defense of Warsaw was formally recorded, as you indicated it was, then yes he would display two stars.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hello Leila, and welcome to the forum,

I don’t know of any for sale at the moment. They do pop up on the market every so often, so you’ll need to remain watchful. I’d recommend that you keep an eye on ebay, Allegro (“Polish ebay”), and some of the militaria sites such as emedals, and others. The DESA auction house in Krakow, Poland also has periodic badge auctions where one may be listed. It will take some diligent digging and patience, but your efforts should eventually yield results.

Before buying anything please ask for good quality pictures and post here for opinions as to authenticity. The market is saturated with reproductions of Polish militaria, so caution is the name of the game.

Best wishes,
    Tony

Quote by Leila Ghaznavi View Post
    Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a WW2 Wojtek 22nd Transport Company Badge. I have been searching for a while and I was hoping someone might here might have advice on where I could look to find one. Or if I'm very lucky if someone might have one they'd be willing to part with. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated as it's very important to me. I would also be interested in other Wojtek items if available.

Thanks
    -L.
    Hello Leila

Here is one on Allegro. I think it is genuine
    WOJTEK 22 Kompania Zaopatrywania (2929667128) - Allegro.pl - Wi
    Good luck
    James

Leila Ghaznavi
    ?

Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate this. Could you advise me what a good price for something like this would be? I don't want to let my heart run away with my pocketbook so to speak.

L.

?

last few years this badge has sold in the $400 to $500 range
    regards
    D

Page 93 of 148 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 143 ... LastLast