Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 98 of 148 FirstFirst ... 48 88 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 108 ... LastLast

Polish Regimental Badges WW2

Article about: Rare badge from this maker! Thanks for posting this nice clear picture. Regards, Tony

Default no subject

remaining one of the quartet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Was this one worn by Brigade HQ staff?
    James

Quote by jamest8 View Post
    Was this one worn by Brigade HQ staff?
    James
    Hi James, yes that's correct. So 'one more link in the chain' (as hinted by Mr. P.Z.) and you'll be complete. Good looking group you have there, thanks for posting. The original felt backing with these is always a bonus.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default no subject

If my memory serves me right the four Carpathian rosettes were the first Polish badges I purchased a good few years back. Dwelling on this fact brings back trauma and nightmares. It reminds me of the badges I DIDN'T buy at the same time. Ignorance is bliss !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    . . . It reminds me of the badges I DIDN'T buy at the same time . . .
    I'm sure it’s safe to say that most of us who've been in this for a while will say the same! I certainly can . . .

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Gentlemen Its great to see the Carpathian rosettes as a complete collection. I'm looking forward to finding the last link. Oh! too true about opportunities lost. Nicely put prosty zolnierz.

On another subject - your 14 Wileński Batalion Strzelców "Żbików" badge. I have one too that is missing the yellow stripes to the blue backing. I was wondering if I should replace them and if so are they applied to the front as thin strips or is it a larger piece of plastic applied to the back? The strips have been missing for a long time as on the award document someone has inked in the yellow to match the blue.

As ever gentlemen many thanks for your comments and the time taken to make them.

. . . 14 Wileński Batalion Strzelców "Żbików" badge. I have one too that is missing the yellow stripes to the blue backing. . . . are they applied to the front as thin strips or is it a larger piece of plastic applied to the back?. . .
    Hi James,

Attached below is an example of a complete genuine badge. As you can see the yellow edging is applied onto the blue backing.

Congratulations on ownership of one of these badges. They are quite scarce. And there are deceptive fakes on the market. I’ll post pictures one of these shortly.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

As promised, a fake of the 14th Żbik Battalion beret badge. The Lynx badge on it's own without direct comparison to a genuine badge it can appear quite convincing. The backing plastic on the other hand leaves much to be desired. Note the Picchiani & Barlacchi style serrated spinner to top off the deception.

Regards,
    Tony

Polish Regimental Badges WW2   Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Polish Regimental Badges WW2  

Default 14 Wileński Batalion Strzelców "Żbików"

And my "Żbików" badge

Now that I have blown up the photo you can clearly see where the yellow stripes once were. You can also see where someone at some stage touched up the document.

Many thanks for showing your versions

James

super set!
    I wished i had one - that is what i can say!
    condgrats!

And my "Żbików" badge

Now that I have blown up the photo you can clearly see where the yellow stripes once were. You can also see where someone at some stage touched up the document.

Many thanks for showing your versions

James

Page 98 of 148 FirstFirst ... 48 88 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 108 ... LastLast