Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Shoulder Titles and Resistance Armband

Article about: Hey Everyone, I picked up these items the other day. Just thought you'd like to take a peek at them! A set of minty shoulder titles (Late War I Think) and a Resistance armband. Enjoy

Smile Polish Shoulder Titles and Resistance Armband

Hey Everyone, I picked up these items the other day. Just thought you'd like to take a peek at them! A set of minty shoulder titles (Late War I Think) and a Resistance armband. Enjoy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Shoulder Titles and Resistance Armband   Polish Shoulder Titles and Resistance Armband  

Polish Shoulder Titles and Resistance Armband  

?

Default Re: Polish Shoulder Titles and Resistance Armband

Hello Nathan,

I believe the "Bevo" style shoulder titles were made in Germany straight after wars end.

Regards

Gary J.

3mk
    ?

Hey Nathan, Its really hard to vertify if your armband is original or not as It would be easy to sew a plain armband like this.

One thing you could try doing is the ``thread burn`` test, It was very rare to have synthetic materials during ww2, so trying pulling out a thread and burning it, If it melts its synthetic and if it burns its cotton or another material.

You could also try a UV light test.

Nice finds even if the armband is fake, still a nice peice to talk about (Hopefully it was cheap)

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Hey Nathan, Its really hard to vertify if your armband is original or not as It would be easy to sew a plain armband like this.

One thing you could try doing is the ``thread burn`` test, It was very rare to have synthetic materials during ww2, so trying pulling out a thread and burning it, If it melts its synthetic and if it burns its cotton or another material.

You could also try a UV light test.

Nice finds even if the armband is fake, still a nice peice to talk about (Hopefully it was cheap)

True cotton thread can be bought pretty much anywhere so I would not place too much faith in a thread burn test etc.,.

I have attached a genuine AK armband which has a different stitching style (see arrow) than Nathan's armband and no stitched seams top and bottom. THis armband was kept folded up inside a folder hence the "pressed" creases But since these armbands were produced ad hoc basis by numerous units there will be equally numerous variations of stiching styles, material quality etc.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Shoulder Titles and Resistance Armband  
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

I am positive the armband was manufactured before 1945 but it may not be resistance... What i mean is my grandfather was the in 5th kresowa infantry division and in his photo album from the war there are many photo's of his friends wearing the Polish armband. I doubt these were regulation but mostly used by some soldiers as symbolic form of their patriotism. But all i know for certain is that the armband is from the war. If it was used with the resistance, a patriotic polish soldier on a different front or something sold to the public back then.

I paid about 25 dollars for the armband. I know that would be extremely cheap if it were a resistance armband from the Warsaw uprising but everything about the armband is correct to my knowledge. How much was your Original armband Skorpion?

Quote by Nathan5kdp View Post
    How much was your Original armband Skorpion?
    With some other photos, ID card from the Rising, AK documents signed by "monter" just over USD $1000.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.