Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Polish sights in my region

Article about: Hi guys; Last sunday i visit a couple of places were are sights to the Polish forces in ww2, i would share this with you all; and would upgrade this thread regularly; when i visit other sigh

Finaly i found some time to locate a new 'then and now' place from my region.
    This time it is a spot in the village 'Westouter' when it was liberated on 6th September 1944.

The photograph was taken by a civilian from the village with a small camera..

There has been little change in the road-and housing situation like you can see.
    Behind the crossroad there is now a little monument in the form of a small chapel, with a figure of Madonna from Czestochowa. This figure was made by Private Bruno Recki, who participated in the liberation.

Polish sights in my regionPolish sights in my regionPolish sights in my regionPolish sights in my region

Hello folks;

First of all a very happy new-year for everybody and above a good health to all !

I was able to find some more photographs of the town where i live- Ardooie in Flanders/ Belgium. They were taken by a civilian.
    The photographs gives us a nice vieuw to vehicles of the 1st PAD, and also some from soldiers and civilians on the retreat.

Kind regards,
    Pieter.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4