Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Polish sights in my region

Article about: Hi guys; Last sunday i visit a couple of places were are sights to the Polish forces in ww2, i would share this with you all; and would upgrade this thread regularly; when i visit other sigh

Default Polish sights in my region

Hi guys;

Last sunday i visit a couple of places were are sights to the Polish forces in ww2, i would share this with you all; and would upgrade this thread regularly;
    when i visit other sights in the future. Maybe this thread can be used when there is a visit to my country- Belgium .

Tielt, city-cemetery

Polish sights in my regionPolish sights in my regionPolish sights in my regionPolish sights in my regionPolish sights in my regionPolish sights in my regionPolish sights in my region

Ruiselede chapel with Original named grave- plates

Polish sights in my regionPolish sights in my regionPolish sights in my regionPolish sights in my regionPolish sights in my regionPolish sights in my regionPolish sights in my region

Adegem Canadian war cemetery

Polish sights in my regionPolish sights in my regionPolish sights in my regionPolish sights in my regionPolish sights in my regionPolish sights in my regionPolish sights in my regionPolish sights in my regionPolish sights in my region

Hello Pieter,

Thanks for posting this thread. It’s interesting (and effective) how the rank of the soldiers is shown on the grave markers at the Tielt city cemetery.

Seeing photos of these war cemeteries is always humbling, and saddening. So many young people who never had the chance to live their lives. But also gratitude for who knows what kind of world we would now have were it not for their courage and sacrifice. Cześć ich pamięci.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I liked the way of showing their ranks too.

Indeed Tony;

Visiting these place are always a double feeling for me too; these are places where you can always think in peace and at the sacrifices of the many young people that given their lives for our future and freedom...

Me also liked the way of showing the rank at the graves on the Tielt city- cemetery.

Thread will be continued..

Rgrds, Pieter.

Thanks for sharing!....

A little note for the name plates in the chapel in Ruiselede;
    these where te Original plates from the Polish cemetery in Lommel; when te plates where replaced with new name plates, they where donated to the city and they give them a very well en respectful place.
    The 5 soldiers where all kia during the battle in Ruiselede, four are identified, the last one was no longer identifiable..

Rgrds, Pieter.

Today a made a "then and now" picture, in my village.

The Original picture comes out a history book by Peter Taghon. The picture itself was made by a photographer from my village.
    On the place where the picture was made is there now still a photoshop runned by the grandchild of the lady.
    You can see on the picture that there are still elements are the same, as when the picture was made.

The white building in the back (right upper corner) is now a public libary, once build in 1830 as a private house with large garden and surrounded by a wall. Now the surrounded walls are gone and the garden is a little village-parc for public.

About the picture self, we can see a Cromwell tank, that's belonged to the 10th Pulku Strzelöow Konnyck (10th PSK).
    Here they were certainly on the way to tielt, because the road is still the same to get to Tielt.
    The street called Brugstraat and is in fact at the end of my garden.

Rgrds, Pieter.

Polish sights in my regionPolish sights in my region

Excellent work Pieter! "Then and Now" pictures are the next best thing to time travel, always making me stop to reflect on what it was like to be there in those days.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanx Tony,

More will come in the future, i know another few places in my region.

Kind regards,
    Pieter.

?

Hi Pieter,

Many thanks for sharing. I look forward to more posts

Regards,
    Kosa

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast