Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish signals badge, authentic?

Article about: Found this badge in a box of old buttons in my house this morning- no idea where it came from. Having looked it up I see its a Polish signals badge. Can anyone tell me more about it? is it g

Default Polish signals badge, authentic?

Found this badge in a box of old buttons in my house this morning- no idea where it came from. Having looked it up I see its a Polish signals badge. Can anyone tell me more about it? is it genuine? when does it date from and on what was it worn? Also, whats its value? Thanks, Douglas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish signals badge, authentic?   Polish signals badge, authentic?  

Default Re: Polish signals badge, authentic?

Hi Doug, you're correct, it's a Signals badge, and appears to be a genuine WW2 issue. These were produced in the UK, Italy, and also the Middle East. My understanding is the twin fastening blade variety is British made, likely by Collins, London, with this being an unmarked version. These were worn on the left breast pocket of the uniform tunic (see picture below). As far as value, in today's market somewhere between $100 - $150, give or take.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish signals badge, authentic?  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Agree with Tony ...
    I've always been led to believe the two pronged type were British made.

Gary J.

Thanks for the very helpful responses. I am very pleased to find that I have such an interesting badge, especially since I didn't even know I had it!