Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polish soldiers in French uniforms?

Article about: Hello, are these Polish soldiers wearing French uniforms? I am helping a friend research their father who escaped Hungary in 1940 and arrived in Syria in May 1940. The Carpathian Independent

Default Polish soldiers in French uniforms?

Hello, are these Polish soldiers wearing French uniforms? I am helping a friend research their father who escaped Hungary in 1940 and arrived in Syria May 1940. The Carpathian Independent Rifle Brigade was started in Syria under the French. Do these uniforms fit with that time frame?

Regards
    Chris.....
    Polish soldiers in French uniforms?

?

I'm sorry, but, how could we know wether or not the people in this picture are Polish?

Regards,
    Bas

Quote by Gimmie View Post
    I'm sorry, but, how could we know wether or not the people in this picture are Polish? Regards,
    Bas
    Bas did you not read what was written? The tone of your comment "is not appreciated"! The image is from the family album of a Polish soldier who spent time in Syria according to his army records. This is not some random image that I have posted. Moderators please way in.

?

Quote by Gimmie View Post
    I'm sorry, but, how could we know wether or not the people in this picture are Polish?

Regards,
    Bas
    I asked the same question to myself.
    They look come from different country.

Quote by remss View Post
    I asked the same question to myself.
    They look come from different country.
    I did not ask if the men were Polish.
    I asked if the uniforms they are wearing are French.

OP is being unduly sensitive-didn't provide any direct background for the origin of the photo and none of the replies could be described as hostile or disrespectful IMHO.

I do feel everyone is getting their knickers in a twist over nothing surely?...
    To be fair to the OP, all he asked was, were the soldiers in the picture wearing period French uniforms. It’s irrelevant whether they are polish or not ?

I wish I could provide an answer but I am unable to

Cheers

Hello a friend ask me : no pockets down the jackets?
    Polish shoulderboars?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Quote by ChrisW01 View Post
    Bas did you not read what was written? The tone of your comment "is not appreciated"! The image is from the family album of a Polish soldier who spent time in Syria according to his army records. This is not some random image that I have posted. Moderators please way in.
    Excuse me, but asking for the moderators to weigh in when I simply ask you how us, on this side, could weigh in? You don't seriously think I broke any rules when understanding 'tones' over the internet is impossible and for you would just be a guess?

All I can say is do better at formulating your own questions. ''This picture here is from a picturebook of a Polish soldier. Does anyone recognize wether or not their uniforms are French?''. Moderators need not weigh in here. No rules were broken, I attempted to help you, as did the member remss and we were unable to do it and this is what we get in return. Shame on you.

Regards,
    Bas

Belts are French, the man sit in the middle have one French M 39 Jacket.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast