Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Sqwadron Badge (Group de chasse I/145 Varsovie )

Article about: I would like to share with you my very rare badge. Annoyed from this ads?   This badge is very controversial and with the help of Jacek (3DSK) my research is completed. I attaching tran

Smile Polish Sqwadron Badge (Group de chasse I/145 Varsovie )

I would like to share with you my very rare badge.
    This badge is very controversial and with the help of Jacek (3DSK) my research is completed.
    I attaching translation from French and images from my badge.

Group de chasse I/145 Varsovie
    Fighter Sqwadron GCI/145
    "In February 1940, it was decided to create a group of fighter pilots entirely of Poles under the command of Cdr Joseph Kepinski. On 1 March, two squadrons of Polish pilots were grouped on the basis of Lyon-Bron (Rhône, in France) to be processed on Morane Saulnier 406 and Caudron 714. Thus was born the Fighter Group I/145 Varsovie (Warsaw), which selects as the Polish eagle emblem.
    On May 10, 1940, Fighter Group 1 / 145 was still under training, and only from June 2 he was really involved in the conflict. He got up to the armistice of 25 June : 12 confirmed aerial victories."

Now attaching address of French internet side where the 1/145 squadron badge in shown.
    I hope you enjoy images of this badge.

http://www.insignesaviation.over-blo...e-2188697.html
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Sqwadron Badge (Group de chasse I/145 Varsovie )   Polish Sqwadron Badge (Group de chasse I/145 Varsovie )  

Attached Images Attached Images Polish Sqwadron Badge (Group de chasse I/145 Varsovie ) 

?

Default Re: Polish Sqwadron Badge (Group de chasse I/145 Varsovie )

Quote by kristof View Post
    I would like to share with you my very rare badge. This badge is very controversial and with the help of Jacek (3DSK) my research is completed.
    Many thanks K! But in this case all groundwork was done by ze-pole. I just passed on your question. Its, however, great to see that your initial hunch about that this badge was in some way connected to PAF in France, turned out to be spot on.

This is why I really like this hobby - great teamwork and another mystery is solved

Cheers,
    J

GFC
    ?

Wonderful item!

And breathtakingly beautiful badges on the link!

mjw
    ?

Would any Forum member have an opinion regarding the approximate date of manufacture for this badge?

Kind regards, Malcolm.

Thank you 3 DSK to mention me, but you did all the job to translate and compare the textes and documents !
    A rare badge indeed...
    Ze-Pole

Quote by mjw View Post
    Would any Forum member have an opinion regarding the approximate date of manufacture for this badge?

Kind regards, Malcolm.
    Hi
    The badge was produce by maker Drago in Paris in 1940.
    Regards
    Kristof

mjw
    ?

Hello Kristof,

Thank you for that.

Kind regards, Malcolm.

3mk
    ?

I heard of these but never seen a original,Wonderful item!

fascinating !!! has any one got photos of the squadron in france ??

This is one of the best websites on the Polish Air Force in WW2, it is mostly in Polish however with google translator you might be able to navigate, lot of great pictures:

1/145 Dywizjon My