Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Transport Companies

Article about: Hello Fellow Members, I am trying to get a feel for the Polish Supply and Transport Service as its badges and insignia interest me. Does anyone have numbers on approximately how many soldier

Default Polish Transport Companies

Hello Fellow Members,
    I am trying to get a feel for the Polish Supply and Transport Service as its badges and insignia interest me. Does anyone have numbers on approximately how many soldiers were in the Polish supply and transport service in the Middle East (Anders Army)? I know the Service consisted of the 22nd, 23rd, and 24th supply Coys. How many soldiers were there total in this service?
    Thanks in advance

Default Re: Polish Transport Companies

Hi BDinExile,

I had some time this afternoon to dig through my references for some statistical and related information about the 2nd Corps supply and transport units for you. The following excerpts are taken from exhaustive (although crudely printed) Witold Madeja book.

Take note that the manpower tally table is from just before the Battle of Monte Cassino. In the two post war years up until demobilization the 2nd Corps grew to over double that amount.

Hopefully you will find this information helpful.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Transport Companies   Polish Transport Companies  

Polish Transport Companies   Polish Transport Companies  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne