Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Polish tunics - in practice

Article about: by 3 DSK I wonder how many of us would bid on a beret like this one, without having actually seen the bit strange use of an entire "patka" attached in full to the beret on a from p

Default Re: Polish tunics - in practice

Quote by 3 DSK View Post
    Even thought these soldier are from the same PAL unit in the 2 Warszawska DPanc, they are not using the same type collar insignia. The two NCOs on the right have the Lorioli made green and black collar pennons while the other soldiers have cloth "patki" (collar patches).

Cheers,
    Jacek
    Hi Jacek,

My father wore the Lorioli metal collar badge in his beret as did the soldiers in his unit under his command. In their case it was the green with yellow stripe badges signifying light anti-aircraft.

Vic

?

Better details of the PAL tunics....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish tunics - in practice   Polish tunics - in practice  

?

More tunic....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish tunics - in practice   Polish tunics - in practice  

Polish tunics - in practice   Polish tunics - in practice  

Excellent thread! Thanks for posting so many fascinating photos

Quote by 3 DSK View Post
    I wonder how many of us would bid on a beret like this one, without having actually seen the bit strange use of an entire "patka" attached in full to the beret on a from period photo....
    In the same vein, I wonder how many would be quick to scoff at the Polish veteran’s battledress tunic pictured below on only a current colour photo. Look closely . . . how many zippered BD’s have you seen lately?

One more proof that with Polish militaria knee jerk reactions can sometimes be dead wrong. . .

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish tunics - in practice  

Can i get same info about 3 pictures:
    1 what badge is it and what are the solders?
    2 all I know that picture was taken 1946 and his name is Maniek
    3 St. Mar. Moscyński Władysław

Quote by Mariusz View Post
    Can i get same info about 3 pictures:
    1 what badge is it and what are the solders?
    Hi Mariusz,

Anti-Aircraft Artillery.

Collar tab colours shown below. Also posted is a “field made” unit badge and backing felt.

Regards,
    Tony

Attached Images Attached Images Polish tunics - in practice 

Quote by Mariusz View Post
    Can i get same info about 3 pictures: . . .
    2 all I know that picture was taken 1946 and his name is Maniek
    1st Polish Armoured Division. ‘Maniek’s’ battledress tunic displays the characteristic black left shoulder strap and “wiewiorka” insignia of the great General Maczek’s famed armoured division.

T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish tunics - in practice  

Thanks

If you recognize anyone let me know the pictures are from 300 Polish Bomber Squadron.
    Mariusz

ccj
    ?

Nice Air Force photos.

Who is the Group Captain? He has a lot of ribbons so he must have seen a lot of war.

The officer to the left of him appears not to have the POLISH shoulder titles
    Last edited by ccj; 12-27-2009 at 04:31 AM. Reason: mistakenly pressed enter before done.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast