Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Polish tunics - in practice

Article about: by 3 DSK I wonder how many of us would bid on a beret like this one, without having actually seen the bit strange use of an entire "patka" attached in full to the beret on a from p

Default Re: Polish tunics - in practice

Hi,

The Group Captain in the photo after being decorated with the C.B.E., is Plk Pilot P1018 Robert Beill Virtuti Militari (Silver Cross), Cross of Valour with 3 Bars a very highly decorated officer who apart from receiving the C.B.E. from the British also received the D.F.C.

After the War he joined the R.A.F. as a Flight Lieutenant (serial Nr:500006) on short service (5 years on the active list and another 4 years on the reserve list).

Andrzejku, Thank you for taking the time to research and post this information for us.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

W_Cdr Pozyczka Teofil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fot_580.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	92064  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mariusz

One problem W/Cdr Teofil Pozyczka was only awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross (Award dated 1942), whilst W/Cdr Robert Beill was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross (Award dated 1943) and the C.B.E. (Award dated 1946).

The above information is straight from Records of British Awards awarded to members of the Polish Armed Forces during WW2.

I have seen web sites that picture W/Cdr Beill, but place Pozycka name below.

Mariusz,

I forgot to say that Teofil Pozyczka also received the D.S.O., this can be confirmed by looking at the London Gazette.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DFC.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	167.3 KB 
ID:	92212  

ccj
    ?

PAK pilot in Aircrew blouse

Tyszko

Name:	Tyszko Jozef 1943.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	93171  

GFC
    ?

Not a blouse, but a battledress jacket

in US usage, blouse or coat are the correct terms for this thread refers to as a "tunic"

With the the British pattern uniforms it was the Service Dress Jacket and the Battle Dress Blouse.

Regards,
    T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi here are 2 pictures, can you tell me more about the insignia, regiments, where did they served, ...
    thank you.

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	94051   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	94052  

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast