Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Polish tunics - in practice

Article about: by 3 DSK I wonder how many of us would bid on a beret like this one, without having actually seen the bit strange use of an entire "patka" attached in full to the beret on a from p

Default Re: Polish tunics - in practice

Hi, here are Picture from Allegro posted as original pictures:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish tunics - in practice   Polish tunics - in practice  

Polish tunics - in practice   Polish tunics - in practice  

I happen to have one of the pictures printed on postcard paper and stamped canceled, my picture shows bit more, and the one on auction looks like close up from picture I have, if there picture are original, have they been published? Or they are copy from original, published pictures?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish tunics - in practice   Polish tunics - in practice  

Gentlemen,

Does this patch appear to be real? It is actually a section of sleeve cut from a uniform. Thanks!

[IMG][/IMG]

Hi Jim,

The shoulder title and 1st Armoured Division patch appear to be genuine. I suspect the same for the unit flash below, possibly MP.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi again Jim,

Further to your PM question - the Polish 1st Armoured Division insignia was applied both ‘trimmed’ and also like this. It is true that the more common application was for the insignia to either be trimmed, or the edge ‘folded’ under.

Posted below is a period colour photograph with the caption: Gosford House, April 1943. A relaxing moment, a bombardier of motorized artillery paints Easter eggs.

Clearly visible is the ‘full size’ patch stitched onto his battledress tunic.

Regards,
    Tony

Polish tunics - in practice  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Greetings,

I have seen the service stripe on 2nd Corps tunics, however I have never seen a photo of its use on 1st Division tunics.

Mike

Hello,
    These service stripes are indeed very strange… I have never seen such insignias on arms for battledress in 1rst polish armoured division… I would not buy them…

For the “full size” arm insignia, I know this battledress :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sure it is not a “best battledress” but a “real” battledress… that is perhaps the reason why the insignia is full ? I have also seen an arm badge found in Normandy, cut from the uniform, and it was full…

I take advantage of my post to ask if somebody would have the nominaive listing of the army numbers fior the 24th lancers ?

1° D.B. Polonaise du Général Maczek

ZP

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7