Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Polish war veteran

Article about: and is that espacially for that company or standard ?

Default Re: Polish war veteran

Quote by michiel View Post
    oh going to take a look at the monument, thanks for all the info A.J. Zawadzki !
    Hi Michiel, you're most welcome. The other members here have done a great job posting information.

If possible please take some pictures for us of the monument and the 1st Regiment’s plaque at your town hall. It would be interesting to see how these look today. It would also be nice to see a picture of the gravesite (if you do visit there) and if there’s any mention of Mieczyslaw Wojciechowski’s wartime service on the marker. Keeping these photos together with the other items will very nicely round out your veteran’s grouping.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

hi tony,
    I hope the monument and the 1st regiments plaque are still there because there where a lot renovations. And i have a lot more foto's about mieczyslaw about a memorial Ceremony for the 1st regiment. I let you know when i visited it !

Hi again Michiel, please do keep us posted. We look forward to seeing the other photos from the grouping along with current pictures of the monument and plaque if they still exist.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I just send a mail to the person that stand for monuments to know the exact location of it. and here are some other foto's from the memorial ceremony with king boudewijn of belgium. On one of the pictures stands in dutch(translated) :gifted from general Mazgek commander of the first polish pantserdivision at Sint-Niklaas.
    Polish war veteran
    Polish war veteran
    on the left you can see King BoudewijnPolish war veteran

Polish war veteranPolish war veteranPolish war veteranPolish war veteranPolish war veteranPolish war veteranPolish war veteranPolish war veteran

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4