Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Polish WWII Beret

Article about: Hi , I just found this beret and need some opinion, its original ? Thanks Janek [ ATTACH=CONFIG]369387[/ATTACH]

Default Polish WWII Beret

Hi , I just found this beret and need some opinion, its original ?
    Thanks
    Janek
    [ ATTACH=CONFIG]369387[/ATTACH]Polish WWII BeretPolish WWII BeretPolish WWII BeretPolish WWII BeretPolish WWII Beret
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish WWII Beret  

Default Re: Polish WWII Beret

The basic beret itself is original. I will let other more qualified comment on the insignia.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

The badge looks rather "clean" ....

Gary J.

Quote by Gary J View Post
    The badge looks rather "clean" ....

Gary J.
    Yes my thought exactly - I would have thought that after 60 years there would be a lot more "dulling" to the bullion badge. But perhaps it has been kept in acid free tissue or similar all that time. Just my 2 pence worth. That said it does look very nice

James
    Last edited by jamest8; 07-11-2012 at 08:02 PM.

?

Nice beret.

Hi Janek,

Both Ade’s and Gary’s comments reflect those I gave you via PM.

A genuine beret, small size common to the surplus unissued ones still relatively common on the market, dressed up with a reproduction bullion eagle, and topped off with a rank star. You’ll note the wear on the rank star is inconsistent with the fresh looking eagle. All the evidence suggests a put-together piece.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne