Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Polish Znak pancerny badge help please

Article about: is it oryginal? is attached to PSZ tunic

Default Polish Znak pancerny badge help please

is it oryginal? is attached to PSZ tunic

I bought it from old WAF member with uniform. When i take it out from tunic i saw how bad it look from inside. I think that this badge is a fake and i'm very sad about it, but what do you think is got the chance to be genuine or give it back?

Hello Lukasz, yes, definitely a copy. Did the seller tell you it was genuine? A reproduction badge does not necessarily mean the rest of the uniform is also not genuine.

Regards, Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I'm not an expert in badges topic and i was certain, that those things on WAF doesn't happen. I would not sell to anybody fakes, it's impossible for me.

Hi again Lukasz,

It should be no surprise that dishonest people are everywhere. And the age old rule is that it is up to the buyer to verify authenticity before agreeing to any purchase. Sometimes this lesson is learned the hard way. If the tunic itself is genuine then all you need to do is find a genuine badge to match. Be patient and you'll find one. They are not particularly rare. I'd recommend you study up on the Znak Pancerny badge on the Regimental Badges thread as genuine examples are discussed there. When you find one you can also post pictures here and the experts here will give you further assurance as to authenticity.

Cheers.
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

ccj
    ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st Anti Tank 1DP Lance Sergeant 003.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	855064Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st Anti Tank 1DP Lance Sergeant 002.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	855065Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st Anti Tank 1DP Lance Sergeant 00.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	185.2 KB 
ID:	855062Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st Anti Tank 1DP Lance Sergeant 004.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	171.0 KB 
ID:	855063That is the badge that came on the tunic and I bought the tunic from you Tony. I showed the photos and gave him a close up of every badge, patch, and the tunic. I left the tunic exactly as I acquired it. I believe you said it wasn't an issue badge but rather a field made/home made badge.
    As for the rest of the tunic, I was under the impression it was original and polish.

So, is the tunic bad? If the badge a fake or a home made/field made badge?

ccj
    ?

BTW, I did take the ribbon bar off when I got it as I didn't like the way the bar displayed with the cracked ribbon

Hello again Charles, thanks for the photos. I see now that this is a tunic I once owned. The tunic is genuine, although was missing some insignia that has been has been replaced. I gave you full disclosure on all aspects, including the badge not being period made.

Lukasz, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about it.

Charles, I have been trying get a reply from you re. the misshipped items that I am still awaiting. I will PM you again as I want put a close to this.

Regards,
    Tony

ccj
    ?

I offered a refund to buyer if not happy.
    I sold it as you see minus the ribbon bar.
    the sell price was 550.00. As I remember I paid more but sold for less as I want to acquire a ww1 item.
    I'll look for a PM. I'll send you my email address. Moved about 2 years ago and may still have that record album and stuff. Thought it was still at the office where is sat a while wondering where it came from until....

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hello again Charles, thanks for the photos. I see now that this is a tunic I once owned. The tunic is genuine, although was missing some insignia that has been has been replaced. I gave you full disclosure on all aspects, including the badge not being period made.

Charles, I have been trying get a reply from you re. the misshipped items that I am still awaiting. I will PM you again as I want put a close to this.

Regards,
    Tony

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post

Regards,
    Tony
    which insignia has been replaced, except the znak pancerny off course

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast