Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post your Polish Battledress

Article about: As the title says, post your Polish battledress!Tony I know you have a closet full of them!

3mk
    ?

Default Post your Polish Battledress

As the title says, post your Polish battledress!Tony I know you have a closet full of them!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your Polish Battledress  

Default Re: Post your Polish Battledress

Hi Emil, mine has already been shown here:

Polish First Armoured Div Battledress blouse

Cheers, Ade.

Mine are here: My II Korpus BD blouses

a couple is still to be posted.....

Hi Loupie,

Yes, even a moderator can inadvertently overlook a thread. Somehow missed this one. Thanks for posting your two 2nd Corps BD’s. Very nice examples. As Gary J. mentioned in your 2nd Corps BD thread, many spectacular Polish PSZnZ BD’s from the collections of zepole, ccj, dorava, and others have been posted elsewhere on the forum. It’s well worth hunting them down.

My contribution to this thread is a BD purchased earlier today. I’ve yet to take possession of this tunic and other items, so this is the only picture I have at present. More pics to follow. This tunic forms part of an exciting recent discovery of a “time capsule” found in the UK. The named kit bag belonging to 2nd Lt. J. Maksymowicz of the 1st Armoured Division contains an array of items ranging from this BD tunic and trousers to shirts, webbing, ties, gas mask and anti-mustard gas ointments, anti-gas eye shields, helmet, haversacks, medicinal items - through to “Sport-A-Bed” inflatable pillow and socks. Stuff for another thread . . .

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your Polish Battledress   Post your Polish Battledress  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

A quite remarkable find Tony!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Nice catch Tony !!! .... it would be interesting to see how the kitbag has been marked up ..

Cheers

Gary J.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Hi Loupie,

Yes, even a moderator can inadvertently overlook a thread. Somehow missed this one. Thanks for posting your two 2nd Corps BD’s. Very nice examples. As Gary J. mentioned in your 2nd Corps BD thread, many spectacular Polish PSZnZ BD’s from the collections of zepole, ccj, dorava, and others have been posted elsewhere on the forum. It’s well worth hunting them down.

My contribution to this thread is a BD purchased earlier today. I’ve yet to take possession of this tunic and other items, so this is the only picture I have at present. More pics to follow. This tunic forms part of an exciting recent discovery of a “time capsule” found in the UK. The named kit bag belonging to 2nd Lt. J. Maksymowicz of the 1st Armoured Division contains an array of items ranging from this BD tunic and trousers to shirts, webbing, ties, gas mask and anti-mustard gas ointments, anti-gas eye shields, helmet, haversacks, medicinal items - through to “Sport-A-Bed” inflatable pillow and socks. Stuff for another thread . . .

Regards,
    Tony
    Good gracious, great find Tony! Good for me that I collect only militaria dealing with the Italian front, 1943-45, and therefore only with II Korpus stuff, otherwise I'd choke with jealousy! I hope you'll find time and patience to post all these lovely items!

Thanks guys. I’m quite stoked about this find. Eventually I’ll get around to starting up a separate thread to post more details and also address some questions I have now, and the likely questions that will arise once I take possession of this lot. Gary, I’ll be sure to post pics of the kit bag for you.

To return to the thread at hand, here’s some pics of three BD tunics on display at a Polish veteran’s event in eastern Canada several years back:

- 1940 austerity pattern infantry corporal of the 5KDP;
    - 1937 pattern 2nd Corps Artillery lance sergeant;
    - 1937 pattern badged out to a captain in Podhale Rifles Division of the 1st Armoured Division, displaying the honorary lanyard with the Lion Of Norway crest for the Norwegian Campaign in 1940.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your Polish Battledress   Post your Polish Battledress  

Post your Polish Battledress  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Hello,
    Here is a battledress of a first-lieutnant from CKM unit in 1rst pol arm div.
    I believe I never posted this picture ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tony, can I use the picture from Podhale BD for the blog ?
    Of course, I will mention the link of the forum.
    Ze-Pole
    1° D.B. Polonaise du Général Maczek

Wonderful BD Stéphane! An interesting example of a 1st Armoured Division BD without the black left epaulette. That looks like it could be a 1946 pattern. Any chance at a picture of the label on the inside?

Re the Podhale Rifles BD, please feel free to post it on your excellent site. Thank you for asking.

Regards,
    Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast