Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

„Ramię Pancerne II Polskiego Korpusu” : Armoured Arm of the Second Polish Corps.

Article about: Part 21:

Default Re: „Ramię Pancerne II Polskiego Korpusu” : Armoured Arm of the Second Polish Corps.

Fantastic photos !!

Vic

?

Default Re: „Ramię Pancerne II Polskiego Korpusu” : Armoured Arm of the Second Polish Corps.

Heartfelt thanks for posting these scans.

I have my Dad's copy of the book sitting at my elbow, but the Polish-text version - and I don't speak a word of it... I always loved this book, and pestering Dad to explain the captions. I know he's not in any of the photos, but it never stopped me looking as a kid just in case

I have a very vague memory of Dad mentioning that there was an english version made - but never thought I'd see it! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

Hey IanOz welcome to the forum.

Which armored regiment was your dad in with 2nd Polish Armored?
    I am always looking to connect with family members who had a
    relative in the Polish 4th Skorpion Regiment.

Contact me privately if you like.

Regards
    Chris....

?

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately I'm not sure which regiment Dad was in. Sadly he passed on a few years ago, and never really talked much about it.

I know he was only able to join quite late in the war, probably late '44, and was not in armour, so I'm assuming one of the infrantry battallions. I 'think' (can't be sure) it was in the Warsaw Division - but that may be memory playing tricks.

I'll try to dig out any surviving papers at Mum's tomorrow. I know he did have his paybook when I was a kid, but I haven't see that for 40+ years....

One of his best friends here was driver of a Sherman in Italy - but again I don't know the regiment and it's too late to ask.

Very frustrating now - wish I could go back with a notebook!!!

Have an idea that one of the badges he had when I was young was enamelled with a white bird on blue background ?? does that sound like any of them?

[edit - found a photo which shows the cap badge as I remembered - bird in flight on a shield-shaped badge. I always thought it was a seagull ]

Cheers
    Ian

Hi Ian, and welcome to the forum. The badge you describe sounds very much like the 66th Pomorski Infantry Battalion of the 16th Infantry Brigade, the unfantry arm of the 2nd Warsaw Armoured Division. Please post anything you find relating to your father, perhaps in a separate thread. I have particular interest in the infantry battalions as my father served in the 65th.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture „Ramię Pancerne II Polskiego Korpusu” : Armoured Arm of the Second Polish Corps.   „Ramię Pancerne II Polskiego Korpusu” : Armoured Arm of the Second Polish Corps.  

„Ramię Pancerne II Polskiego Korpusu” : Armoured Arm of the Second Polish Corps.  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Thanks Tony. Yes that's the one I remember.

I'll post up what I can find. Fascinating forum!

Cheers
    Ian

I think this is 4 Armoured regiment "Skorpion" but not sure as the photo is quite blurred and out of focus and the beret insignia is not clear.

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

I know some one who thinks he may be in one of these photos. thank you , much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum Chris.

Could you point out which photo? It's always neat to put a name to a face.

Chris.....

Welcome to the forum Chris. Please don't hesitate to tell us more!

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast