Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Red Devils! Jews at the Battle of Arnhem, Sept. 1944

Article about: This thread is not a discussion about the myths of Jewish Bolshevism but the participation of Polish Jews in the Battle of Arnhem so maybe we should stick that subject.

This thread is not a discussion about the myths of Jewish Bolshevism but the participation of Polish Jews in the Battle of Arnhem so maybe we should stick that subject.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Yeah...you are right...but...you are one of the few knowledgeable people I have to discuss these subjects with....I appreciate your open mindedness and knowledge. Why change the subject now? You were interested to discuss it at first.

No matter...here is a weapon Jews would have carried at Arnhem...with a magazine that saw service in the British army and then in service of the Israeli's...thought you'd be interested to see it as you are so knowledgeable in Jewish history. You can see proof of it's use in the British army in the desert bc it has nickel filling in the holes....then...later the Jews marked it with a Star of David. They probably got it out of British desert stores. This is a British army marked Thompson...and a transit case. You can also see how the British mounted the sling on the top of the stock and the side of the forward grip.

Also here is some British para kit Jews at Arnhem would have worn....hope you enjoy it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Red Devils! Jews at the Battle of Arnhem, Sept. 1944   Red Devils! Jews at the Battle of Arnhem, Sept. 1944  

Red Devils! Jews at the Battle of Arnhem, Sept. 1944   Red Devils! Jews at the Battle of Arnhem, Sept. 1944  

Red Devils! Jews at the Battle of Arnhem, Sept. 1944   Red Devils! Jews at the Battle of Arnhem, Sept. 1944  

It is easy, even for a Mod, to get carried away and end up discussing areas of interest that are outside the scope of this militaria forum, Polish history is Jewish history is Polish history ...mea maxima culpa.

Thank you for helping get this thread back on track with your posts of para kit and weapons. I didn't know that Polish paras used the Thompson I assumed they were dropped with Stens and Brens.
    Last edited by StefanM; 03-13-2014 at 09:30 AM.

Would you say the gun on the right in this 2PolCorps photo is a Thompsom:

Red Devils! Jews at the Battle of Arnhem, Sept. 1944

Absolutely....it looks like an M1 or M1A1 Thompson...the other weapon looks like a Thompson too. If you look closely you can see a sling swivel on top of the stock...done in the manner of the British way. Interesting photos...

Thank you for the information, I know nothing about guns.
    The photo was taken by my late father of his camp bed in Italy late 1945.

Stefan: When it comes to Thompsons...I can tell you. Here are some photos of my Thompson collection...been collecting them since I was 19 years old.

Tell us more about your father...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Red Devils! Jews at the Battle of Arnhem, Sept. 1944   Red Devils! Jews at the Battle of Arnhem, Sept. 1944  

Looks to be an extensive collection of Thompsons!

I have probably posted enough about my late father in other Polish interest threads - no need to repeat it all here

Where to find post on your father?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4