Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ribbon ID - 11th Signal Bn of Anders' 2nd Corps

Article about: Greetings, I am fairly new to this forum. I received a great deal of help in researching my grandfather and my great-grandfather, both were in the 11th Signal Bn of Anders' 2nd Corps. In the

?

Default Ribbon ID - 11th Signal Bn of Anders' 2nd Corps

Greetings, I am fairly new to this forum. I received a great deal of help in researching my grandfather and my great-grandfather, both were in the 11th Signal Bn of Anders' 2nd Corps. In the only photo we have of my great-grandfather, Jozef Puk, he is wearing a ribbon that appears to have swords attached. He was wounded and wears his wound ribbon, and his MCC ribbon. His army number was 1902-85-111. Can any of you help me identify his ribbon with the swords please?Ribbon ID - 11th Signal Bn of Anders' 2nd Corps

Hello Scottr.

The ribbon with crossed swords is for the Bronze Cross of Merit with Swords awarded for deeds of courage and bravery but not necessarily in direct contact with the enemy. It was also awarded for services rendered to the Polish State or its citizens in particularly dangerous circumstances,

It was founded by Presidential Decree on the 19th October 1942 "Krzyz Zaslugi z Mieczami" "Cross of Merit with Swords" awarded in 3 Classes Gold, Silver and Bronze.

Hope that this helps you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Posts moved from pre-WW2 Medal / Cross of Independence thread

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Thank you, again.