Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

SBSK Carpathian Brigade - Roll of Honour - and Face Book!

Article about: Fellows, I would like to propose that we start the New Projects - similar to one on MC cross - idea is to commemorate members of SBSK - Independent Carpathian Brigade - taking part in WW2 ef

Hello Everyone,

To show what I meant about the Brigade Number, shown below is a Driving Licence of a Kapral of SBSK :

Driving Licence of Kapral 7277 Edward Malczyk SBSK

Best wishes

Andrzej

Contributing badge #0430. It came along with the heavily loaded BD tunic and beret pictured below. These were literally saved from the trash heap, having been found during a house cleanout. The worker asked the property owner if he could have these items rather than throwing them out, reasoning there was some value to them. It appears the veteran who had lived in this house may have been a tenant and had passed away. Nobody from his family claimed these items. Unfortunately there was no accompanying paperwork so the name of the original owner remained unidentified at time of purchase. After acquisition I ran a check on the Monte Cassino cross and the SBSK badge numbers. The results confirmed that both were issued to the same individual, Sergeant Kazimierz Fiedorowicz. Solid evidence supporting the authenticity of the set. Fiedorowicz served in the Sapper Unit of the Carpathian Brigade and later serving with the 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division. At the time of the Battle of Monte Cassino Sgt. Fiedorowicz commanded the Workshop Platoon within the Maintenance Company of the 3rd Carpathian Sapper Battalion.

Regards,
    Tony

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Super Cool....

?

Hello Everyone

I see my archive auctions folder.

Recipients SBSK badge:

1.MAJ Tomasz,SBSK badge number 3724,born 1895. Service polish number 4122 .

A few fotos in auction and description:

a large polish grouping formerly belonging to maj tomasz born 1895
    he seems to have reached the rank of warrant officer 2 class british service number 30027796 [ name is maj ]
    rarely do i get a large grouping where i dont know where to begin ,i wont be able to describe all items if they do not sell i will add to the description shortly
    all items as kept by maj contained in personal effects small canvas kit bag with full detail hand written on front in polish please see last photograph
    reverse has name and service number 4122
    tins of odds cigarette holder , beaded cross
    note books . diaries. bible . leave passes ..receipts .. training manuals ..
    polish forces me christmas postcard 1945
    the only badge is a tobruk badge in 800 silver numbered 3724 , in the photographs of maj this is the only badge he is wearing
    french identity disc braclet reading " MAJ TOMASZ W 4122 R 1895 " reverse with remains of french inscription
    these 2 above items kept in small pouch
    over 200 letters 1942-1947
    63 photographs 1942-1950 most with writing on reverse , one wearing pith helmet under palm tree dated 1943 ..
    some wartime ones he was with pai force , middle east forces.

2.cpl.FRANCZAK Józef;army number:1909-82-III.Unit:HQ 3 DSK.MCC number 4245.No SBSK badge number.

3.ogn.Sgt.MICHALSKI Wilchelm;army number:1915-10-III.Unit 3 pappanc,3 DSK.MCC number 8593,VM c.V number 8590.No SBSK badge number.

Best wishes

Artur

?

Hello Everyone

A few more Faces of Recipients of the SBSK badge.
    After the war returned to Poland:

1.Badge number 0449:

ogniomistrz.pchor.-Sgt off.cadet JEZIERSKI Maksymilian;army number:1912-2-III.Unit: 4 BS;3 DSK.MCC number 1414.VM c.5 number 10877.KWx2.

2.Badge number 1916:

st.strz.-L.cpl.DIAKOWSKI Bronisław;army number:1913-10-III.Polish number:7021.Unit:1 BS;3 DSK.MCC number 4046.KW.

3.Badge number 2923:

strz.-rifle CZEMPIK Wiktor;army number:1920-7-III.Unit:2 BS;3 DSK.MCC number 3557.KW.

4.Badge number 3609:

kanonier FASTNACHT Leon;army number:1921-3-III.Unit:3 PAL;3 DSK.MCC number 4298.

5.Badge number 3683:

ppor-2ndLtn.(JOCHIMCZYK)-JOCHYMCZYK Wilhelm;army number:1916-3-III.Unit:1 PAL;3 DSK.MCC number 1384.VM c.5 number 11355.KWx2.

PS.:List 4th company 2 B;BSK-15 August 1940.

Best wishes

Artur

?

Wisnia thx for your post. From what book is this scans?

Congratulations!!!

It is a great idea and valuable initiative!!!
    I must admit that I really like the SBSK badge because its design is very interesting and well corresponding with military uniform.
    I am very glad that finally I will be able to identify Recipients of my badges of the SBSK. Many, many months ago I have asked few members of the Forum for identification but without reply: “….. help me with identification of two numbers of the Tobruk Badge: 3147 and 0467”. In the meantime, I have acquired two other badges of the SBSK.

SBSK Carpathian Brigade - Roll of Honour - and Face Book!SBSK Carpathian Brigade - Roll of Honour - and Face Book!SBSK Carpathian Brigade - Roll of Honour - and Face Book!SBSK Carpathian Brigade - Roll of Honour - and Face Book!SBSK Carpathian Brigade - Roll of Honour - and Face Book!SBSK Carpathian Brigade - Roll of Honour - and Face Book!

I would be very grateful for any information regarding recipients of these SBSK badges.

I am looking forward to receiving your valuable data.
    Kind regards,
    Jacek

Regarding Tomek question: "Wisnia thx for your post. From what book is this scans?"

I suppose that from "ŚLĄSK PAMIĘCI MONTE CASSINO" by WITOLD ŻDANOWICZ, but I am not sure. We have to wait for the Wisnia reply.

Regards,
    Jacek

Heros!

Great badges!

Quote by JacekMed View Post
    Congratulations!!!

It is a great idea and valuable initiative!!!
    I must admit that I really like the SBSK badge because its design is very interesting and well corresponding with military uniform.
    I am very glad that finally I will be able to identify Recipients of my badges of the SBSK. Many, many months ago I have asked few members of the Forum for identification but without reply: “….. help me with identification of two numbers of the Tobruk Badge: 3147 and 0467”. In the meantime, I have acquired two other badges of the SBSK.

I would be very grateful for any information regarding recipients of these SBSK badges.

I am looking forward to receiving your valuable data.
    Kind regards,
    Jacek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SBSK Carpathian Brigade - Roll of Honour - and Face Book!   SBSK Carpathian Brigade - Roll of Honour - and Face Book!  

Last edited by wadowicznic; 07-13-2018 at 11:18 PM.

Hello Wadowicznic,

Many thanks for your post and in reply, I have found the following information on them :

1) Bombardier (Lance Corporal/Artillery) Piotr Wadera, Born in 1909, Army Number : (also found on His ID tags) : 1909-5-III, Unit : 2KPAL, MCC Nr : 13495

2) Kanonier (Artilleryman) Lesław Konarszewski, he did not receive a Monte Cassino Cross, the only other information I was able to glean on a Lesław Konarszewski Born 1st June 1908, Died January 1986.

3) Plut Leopold Stachnik, Born in 1911, Army Number : 1911-162-III, when awarded the Monte Cassino Cross he had been promoted to Sierz, Unit : 3BSK, MCC Nr : 12608 also awarded the KW.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast