Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Some R.A.F. Polish airmen

Article about: Good afternoon folks, On the late saturday, a friend of mine gave me this photograph. The names are not written on the back. Does anybody can recognised those airmen, please? Thank you. Have

Default Some R.A.F. Polish airmen

Good afternoon folks,

On the late saturday, a friend of mine gave me this photograph. The names are not written on the back. Does anybody can recognised those airmen, please? Thank you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01483.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	222.6 KB 
ID:	497131

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01486.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	228.1 KB 
ID:	497132

Have a nice day.

Cheers,

Mehdi.

Default Re: Some R.A.F. Polish airmen

Looking at the flying gear of the chap on the left the photo is from 1940-1941, B type flying helmet, early mae west...
    The description suggests these are pilots from a army co-op squadron and from memory poles had one co-op sqd and that was 309 Squadron.

Try going through these websites for extra images: polishsquadronsremembered.com or polishairforce.pl these are the best sites on PAF history and photos.

Default Re: Some R.A.F. Polish airmen

Good evening Cichociemny,

Thanks very much for the websites. Yes, that was my opinion about the year when the photograph was taken.

Actually, I found the Flight Lieutenant's identity ( far right ) on POLISH SQUADRONS REMEMBERED. It is Maciej Piotrowski.

Thanks again.

To be continued...