Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Szósta Lwowska Brygada Piechoty Bullion Sign

Article about: A recent purchase: a sign of the Sixth Lwow Infantry Brigade, worsted in bullion, possibly Italian made, hopefully genuine. Could anybody let me know when precisely this sign was introduced?

Default Szósta Lwowska Brygada Piechoty Bullion Sign

A recent purchase: a sign of the Sixth Lwow Infantry Brigade, worsted in bullion, possibly Italian made, hopefully genuine. Could anybody let me know when precisely this sign was introduced? Thank you in advance for your knowledge, Panowie!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Szósta Lwowska Brygada Piechoty Bullion Sign   Szósta Lwowska Brygada Piechoty Bullion Sign  

Default Canvas chese cloth backed 6th Lwow Brigade Fromation Signs

Since it looks like there were not too many answers to this thread yet, so I will try to raise some interest: two canvas 6th Lwow Brigade formation signs, Italian made I have got in my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Szósta Lwowska Brygada Piechoty Bullion Sign   Szósta Lwowska Brygada Piechoty Bullion Sign  

Szósta Lwowska Brygada Piechoty Bullion Sign   Szósta Lwowska Brygada Piechoty Bullion Sign  

Default 17th Batalion Lwowski Batalion Strzelcow

And here comes a pair of patki, collar pennants, with the badges f the 17 Battalon of Lwow Rifles, part of the 6th Lwow Brigade

I can't offer you much in the way of information about the bullion thread version, although I do like it and would welcome it into my collection. I don't recall ever seeing this version. Nice pick up

Quote by Loupie1961 View Post
    . . . two canvas 6th Lwow Brigade formation signs, Italian made I have got in my collection.
    Actually products of S.E. Tietz of Tel Aviv.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank you Tony: so all the cheese cloth blacked signs are in fact Palestinian made?

Of this type yes. More Tietz products are covered here:

Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne