Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Taking the Salute - Any ideas on the unit and the senior officers?

Article about: Good day Here are some photos I acquired recently. Any ideas on who the officers might be and what unit? The penciled note is on the back of the photo of the seated officers. Who are they (i

Question Taking the Salute - Any ideas on the unit and the senior officers?

Good day

Here are some photos I acquired recently. Any ideas on who the officers might be and what unit? The penciled note is on the back of the photo of the seated officers. Who are they (including the civilian in the middle) are where were these photos taken? General Anders on the right perhaps?

Many thanks

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Taking the Salute - Any ideas on the unit and the senior officers?   Taking the Salute - Any ideas on the unit and the senior officers?  

Taking the Salute - Any ideas on the unit and the senior officers?   Taking the Salute - Any ideas on the unit and the senior officers?  

Default Re: Taking the Salute - Any ideas on the unit and the senior officers?

Hi James,

Perhaps it could be the Polish Tank Training Centre in Palestine, the officer on the left MAYBE Major Stanislaw Szostak the deputy commander there perhaps??

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Iraq, December 26, 1942. In uniform seated in front row, on the left is General Zygmunt Bohusz-Szyszko, and two seats to his left is the great General General Władysław Anders. To his immediate left may be General Józef Wiatr. The chap in civilian garb is a Polish exile government dignitary whose name escapes me at the moment.

Regards,
    T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Iraq, December 26, 1942. In uniform seated in front row, on the left is General Zygmunt Bohusz-Szyszko, and two seats to his left is the great General General Władysław Anders. To his immediate left may be General Józef Wiatr. The chap in civilian garb is a Polish exile government dignitary whose name escapes me at the moment.

Regards,
    T.

Hello,
    I can't answer to this question, but I just wanted to say that I am really impressed by the knowledge of members of this forum ! Tony... I am afraid by you !

I don't forget Andrezku and Gary ! And all the others !
    Congratulations !
    ZP

It says "memento from Iraq" on the back.

Hi James,

The persons in the other 2 photographs are General Kazimierz Sosnkowski and General Wladyslaw Anders.

Hope this helps a little.

Best wishes

Andrzejku

You gentlemen are just magnificent. I'm really pleased to have found some pictures like this.

I'm never done with asking questions. Any ideas on the unit?

Anders left the USSR on 19 Aug 42 so would I be right to say that by Dec 42 the rest of the Army in Exile had arrived in Iraq and that this might have been a new unit being formed or inspected for the first time?

Again many thanks for your comments and excellent knowledge.

James