Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Tobruk badge for Opinion

Article about: I found this Tobruk badge #1609 Is it a possible to find name of owner of this badge? Thanks Janek

Default Tobruk badge for Opinion

I found this Tobruk badge #1609
    Is it a possible to find name of owner of this badge?
    Thanks
    Janek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tobruk badge for Opinion   Tobruk badge for Opinion  

Hi Janek,

Your badge is genuine example in silver complete with correct issue spinner. As far as the ID of the original owner . . . member Thomas the Tank Engine, where for art thou . . .

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Here I am
    This badge belonged to kapral (Cpl) Kazimierz SZEREMETA (service no. 3729) of the Carpathian Field Artillery Regiment of the Polish Independent Brigade Group (aka the Independent Carpathian Rifle Brigade). After the North African Campaign he served in Italy with the 1st Light Artillery Regiment (1 Pułk Artylerii Lekkiej) of the 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division (his later service no. 1914/33/III denotes he was born in 1914). He ended his military service as plutonowy (L/Sgt).

Good night, good night!
    Tom

Hello Janek,

All that I can add about Kapral (Plutowny) Kazimierz Szerebeta, Army Service Number (also found on his ID Tags): 1914-33-III, 1KPAL was awarded the Monte Cassino Cross Numbered: 11541.

Hope that this helps a little,

Best wishes

Andrzejku

Thanks guys !!!!!!

Default Opinion?

Hi everyone,

Just found these two badges in a box, hidden away in the cellar. Completely forgot I bought them around 3 years ago on ebay cheap as chips.

They both have spinners which say: s.a. picchiani barlacchi firenze (I think they were pretty famous badge makers at the beginning of 20th Century but I may be wrong)

I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me their opinion on them as to whether they are genuine or replicas.

Cheers,

KubaTobruk badge for OpinionTobruk badge for OpinionTobruk badge for OpinionTobruk badge for OpinionTobruk badge for Opinion

Sorry Kuba, both are fakes. Your Tobruk is the well known 0886, like this one:

Tobruk badge for Opinion

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks Tony,

Never really expected them to be originals but though I better ask and get a professional opinion.

Cheers,
    Kuba