Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Translation of three short army record entries

Article about: Could I trouble someone for a better translation of these three entries from my relative’s army records? Below is what has been translated for me but some of the hand writing is difficult. T

Default Translation of three short army record entries

Could I trouble someone for a better translation of these three entries from my relative’s army records? Below is what has been translated for me but some of the hand writing is difficult.

Thanks in advance
    Chris……

21.8.44 promoted to platoon leader …… (P.4 Panc?) illegible
    25.11.44 detached to 7 company tank unit and entered on the roll of …… ( 7 division?) illegible
    4.12.44 reported to 4 Tank Regiment (from 7 division?) …… illegible

Translation of three short army record entriesTranslation of three short army record entries

Any of our Polish members willing to give it a try?

Just to help and clarify, some words are abbreviated such as:
    Dyw = dywizij (division)
    P.4 Panc = Pulku 4 Pancerny (4 Armored Regiment)

At the end of each entry are 217/44, 157/44 and 160/44. These are Order numbers that can only be deciphered from a copy of a Polish Army Book of Orders for the year 1944. If anyone knows what these order numbers outline (or) has access to documents clarifying their meaning it would help as well.

Chris....

Hi Chris,
    Here go both the Polish text and my translation. Any comments are welcome as always.

21 VIII 44 awans na plutonowego. R[ozkaz] dz[ienny] p[ułku]. 4 panc[ernego]. 127/44
    25 XI 44 odzedł do szpit[ala]. woj[skowego]. i przeniesiony formalnie do St[acji]. Zb[ornej]. 7 Dyw[izji]. R[ozkaz] dz[ienny]. p[ułku]. 4 panc[ernego]. 157/44
    4 XII zgłosił się w p[ułku]. 4 panc[ernym]. - (z 7 Dyw[izji].) i przydzielony do 3 szw[adronu]. R[ozkaz] dz[ienny]. p[ułku] 4 panc[ernego]. 160/44

21 VIII 44 promotion to L/Sgt. The 4th Armd Regt daily order no. 127/44
    25 XI 44 gone to the military hospital and formally reassigned to the depot of the 7th Div. The 4th Armd Regt daily order no. 157/44
    4 XII 44 reported in the 4th Armd Regt (from the 7th Div.) and assigned to the 3rd Sqn. 4th Armd Regt daily order no. 160/44

Regards,
    Tom

Dziękuję Tom! Very much appreciated!!

The puzzle is coming together, you helped solve another piece. Have you or anyone else ever come across a Polish Army Book of Daily Orders?

Chris......