Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Two 5th KDP arm flashes

Article about: Two different arm insignia, both of the 5th KDP. They differ in construction form the usual chess cloth backed variety. One, possibly an officers issue?, is worsted on khaki cloth. the other

?

Michał, part of the responsibilities of collectors is to help others, especially novice collectors determine whether an artifact is genuine or not. Many peapole read this forum in search for information and help. I am an of an opinion that without a hard evidence it is really hard to say the flash is a fake.
    Apart form obvious fakes it’s better not to give final judgements on any item to avoid confusion. What if the flash is genuine and someone, who reads our chat believs you and Tony and trashes it? This is what I am talking about.

Cheers,
    Kosa

" M'Lud, may I respectfully request that all opinions are struck from the record ! "
    Attached Images Attached Images Two 5th KDP arm flashes 
    Last edited by prosty zolnierz; 01-27-2015 at 12:50 PM.

Kosa, agreed in principle. But it is a two way street we’re on here. Posting an unusual variation of an item and implying authenticity is not too different from discounting the same as being a copy or fake. Any assertions either way should be supported in some manner, as I’ve strived to do. Otherwise, as you rightly suggest, present and future readers may be misled.

I interpret Michal’s comment as one of doubt rather than a banishment to the fake bin. And knowing him as I do, his opinion carries weight based on his years in the hobby and in particular his familiarity with this particular topic. I’m appreciative of his input either way, even had it not been supportive of my cautious pessimism with this piece.

In a field of study hindered by minimal available information sometimes all that we can achieve is a general consensus on an item among those with experience in the given field. So let’s continue the discourse, and perhaps all learn something in the process.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    In a field of study hindered by minimal available information sometimes all that we can achieve is a general consensus on an item among those with experience in the given field. So let’s continue the discourse, and perhaps all learn something in the process.
    Our chat reminds me a little of a dispute I had with fellow collectors on PAF cap badges a few years ago. They didn’t believe that Polish pilots used infantry eagle cap badges. I knew they did as I had seen it in a photo but at that point of time I was not able to get the photo, and was not able to prove it

Anyway, agreed with Tony, that all we can achive is a general consensus when it comes to items not documented in lit. Again, I had that 5.KDP badge in hand. I felt ok with me ...

Cheers,
    Kosa

?

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    " M'Lud, may I respectfully request that all opinions are struck from the record ! "
    Hahaha

Hello!
    Kosa, I didn't want to judge anyone, it is only my small opinion about this patch. For improve our mood, I would like to share with You my favourity example of 5KDP from my collection I am really sorry for poor quality photo, but it is very difficult to take photo with daylight at this moment in Poland ;P

Best Regards
    Michal

?

Hi Michał,

Take it easy. We just chat. By the way, a very nice flash. I want it

Cheers,
    Kosa

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3