Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7

Article about: Dear All, Following the success of the various “encyclopedia” like threads focused on researching Regimental Badges and Eagles – I think it would be good to invest some time to research / in

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Ricardo Vidtory Museum,

Also with the Narvik Lanyard, does the Lanyard have the shield with the Crowned Lion ?

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hi Andrzej!

Extra images for you:

Regards,

Ricardo.

?

Hello Ricardo
    Unit:Batalion Strzelców Podhalańskich/Polish (Podhalian Highland) Light Infantry Battalion,3rd Polish Infantry Brigade/3 Brygada Strzelców.
    Awards:wound badge x2,KWx1,Army Medal,Monte Cassino Cross!!!British awards x2,Cross of Merit.
    Maybe the uniform or photo is the name of this soldier?
    Best wishes
    Artur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7  

?

I may be wrong but I don't think the 1st Polish Armoured Division fought at Monte Cassino.

?

Hello kosa,
    The 1st Polish Armoured Division not fought at Monte Cassino,but soldier he could fight.

Good day folks

Any way of dating this PAF shoulder title?

As you can see it looks pretty hand made and is on a rectangular background. Examples shown in recent pictures of PAF officers show the shoulder titles on curved backgrounds.

Many thanks

James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7   Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7  

Hi James, I can't help with the date of this one, but the non-arced Poland titles were worn beneath the RAF Eagle shoulder flash in the manner pictured below by all ranks below Warrant Officers. (image from "300 Dywizjon Bombowy" by L. Jaskiewicz

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniform Unit Insignia of the Polish Army in Exile - 1939-45/7  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Well that's a turn up for the books. I don't think I have ever seen one being worn below the RAF Eagle. Was this a Polish unique variation?

This arrangement is seen in some early wartime photographs. I have also seen the same with the non-arced Poland title over the RAF eagle. I can't say for certain and will need to defer to PAF insignia experts, but suspect that the 'one piece' insignia configuration pictured below was eventually introduced as regulation. (picture credit -"Wojsko Polskie 1939-1945 Bron i Barwa" - Komornicki)

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Good or bad?

?

for me BAD

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast