Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Valour Cross and Monte Cassino Cross group

Article about: Gentlemen I have just acquired this group that belonged to a Bronislaw Golas. This all comes together from his niece so I am assuming that the flashes, 2 Korpus and medals are correct but ho

Hello Daniel,

The Krzyz Walecznych (Cross of Valour) was awarded for acts of courage and bravery in battle, the Polish Institute and General Sikorski Museum in London have all the recommendations for the KW for the 2nd Corps.

You have 2 choices:

1) Book an appointment for the reading room and go through all the papers untill you find your fathers paperwork

2) Pay the PISM to search for 2 Hours for which they charge £25.00p with no guarentee of sucess.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Helenka,

I had checked the index of victims of soviet repression to see if your fathers details where listed but with no joy.

In your post you stated that your Father was awarded the Bronze Cross of Merit was that with or without Swords.

The Cross of Merit with Swords (KKRZYZ ZASLUGI Z MIECZAMI) was founded by Presidential decree on the 19th October 1942, the 1923 Statutes of foundation of the Cross of Merit being appropriately amended.

The Cross of Merit with Swords was instituted as an award during the 2nd World War in recognition of deeds of courage and bravery but not necessarily in direct contact with the enemy.

I hope that the above answers your question.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello,
    Can anyone give some information any information on who the recipient of Monte Cassino Cross No. 5 744 was?
    Thanks
    USMC68

Hello USMC68,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, with regards to your request for information on the recipient of the MCC nr: 5744, I have been able to glean the following for you when awarded the MCC the recipients details where has follows:

Surname: JENDRASIAK

Christian Name: JAN

Date of Birth: 15th June 1913

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags): 1913-83-III

Unit: Saperow 3 Dywizji Strzelcow Karpackich ( 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division Engineers Battalion)

By the end of the war in Europe Jan had been promoted to Sierzant (Sergeant) he also decided not to return to Poland but came instead to the UK and joined the Polish Resettlement Corps. At some point he decided to go to the US and he became a US Citizen on the 11th June 1976 in Connecticut.

The last piece of information that I was able to glean was His death on the 1st August 1984 in New Britain, Hartford County, Connecticut.

I sincerely hope that the above information is of some use to you.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Default Monte Cassino Cross 5 744

Hello Andrzej,
    Thank You for the information regarding Sjt. Jan Jendrasiak's Monte Cassino Cross. His medals, to include the Valour Cross and Merit Medal with Swords were found in Connecticut. Your help is most appreciated.
    Regards USMC68

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, with regards to your request for information on the recipient of the MCC nr: 5744, I have been able to glean the following for you when awarded the MCC the recipients details where has follows:

Surname: JENDRASIAK

Christian Name: JAN

Date of Birth: 15th June 1913

Army Number : (also found on His ID Tags): 1913-83-III

Unit: Saperow 3 Dywizji Strzelcow Karpackich ( 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division Engineers Battalion)

By the end of the war in Europe Jan had been promoted to Sierzant (Sergeant) he also decided not to return to Poland but came instead to the UK and joined the Polish Resettlement Corps. At some point he decided to go to the US and he became a US Citizen on the 11th June 1976 in Connecticut.

The last piece of information that I was able to glean was His death on the 1st August 1984 in New Britain, Hartford County, Connecticut.

I sincerely hope that the above information is of some use to you.

Best wishes

Andrzej[/QUOTE]

Hello USMC68,

You are most welcome and once again welcome to the Forum, it would be nice for the other user's of the Forum to see Sierzant Jan Jendrasiak awards both obverse and reverse if possible.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Default Sierzant Jan Jendrasiak Awards

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello USMC68,

You are most welcome and once again welcome to the Forum, it would be nice for the other user's of the Forum to see Sierzant Jan Jendrasiak awards both obverse and reverse if possible.

Best wishes

Andrzej
    Andrzej,
    Again thanks, I have attempted to send a scan of Sierzant Jendrasiak.s awards found in Connecticut Unfortunately no documents were with the medals.
    Regards,
    USMC68
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Valour Cross and Monte Cassino Cross group  

I'm looking for photos of my grandfather, I'm not sure where to start, any idea where I could possibly find some kind of group(unit) photos of the 18th Rifle Battalion, 5th Kresowa Infantry Division, 2nd Polish Corps.

Maybe that's the only guarante of finding a photo with him

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7