MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Vet PSZ Mark II Helmet - post-war

Article about: Hi, I picked up this CLC made helmet with the liner - both marked 1942. It came from a family of a Polish soldier from 2nd Corps. His son sold it to me saying that his dad, recreated his war

Default Vet PSZ Mark II Helmet - post-war

Hi,

I picked up this CLC made helmet with the liner - both marked 1942.
    It came from a family of a Polish soldier from 2nd Corps. His son sold it to me saying that his dad, recreated his wartime helmet for display in 1980s.

It looks almost new on the outside with a coat of varnish and wax on top of the paint.

Anyways, I found it interesting - if any Polish collector is interested - let me know.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vet PSZ Mark II Helmet - post-war   Vet PSZ Mark II Helmet - post-war  

Vet PSZ Mark II Helmet - post-war   Vet PSZ Mark II Helmet - post-war  

Vet PSZ Mark II Helmet - post-war  

Hi Meyle, thanks for sharing this. If possible you might want to obtain the name and other details of the 2nd Corps vet that owned it. Any specific information about the veteran’s service along with a photo would serve as provenance to help differentiate this helmet from the other recreations on the market. Even though not a period marked helmet it may still appeal to come collectors by virtue of the legitimate connection to a veteran.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks - I have the last name of the owner and will ask for permission to use it.

Update: the son will not allow to publish the name but it can used when passing the helmet to another collector.
    Also there is one area on the helmet, where top coat of paint wrinkled exposing the color underneath - it is not the regular dark green but rather lighter shade of green - possible civil defence use.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vet PSZ Mark II Helmet - post-war