Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Warrant Officers Reserve Cavalry School Badge

Article about: Hello, Have you ever seen the badge of the Warrant Officers Reserve Cavalry School made by Spink and Son??? Many years ago I have met this badge made in silver and gold-plated, two-parts con

Default Warrant Officers Reserve Cavalry School Badge

Hello,

Have you ever seen the badge of the Warrant Officers Reserve Cavalry School made by Spink and Son???

Many years ago I have met this badge made in silver and gold-plated, two-parts construction (wreath mounted to the eagle holding pennant) with inscription on the back: Spink&Son Ltd., London, SILVER and two loops with fixing bar on the reverse. Later, I have seen another version of this badge: one-part, made in silver without gold plating, with the same way of fixing. That's all what I know.

What is your knowledge on this badge??? Is it the product of somebody’s imagination???

Regards,
    Jacek

Hi Jacek,

All official school badges are on the record and well established, so what you saw might have been a prototype pattern, a fantasy piece, or perhaps a Spink product for the military school of another allied nation in exile. The Poles certainly did not have exclusive use of wreaths, eagles and pennons. Best wishes in your hunt.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank you Tony for your reply.

However, you probably misunderstood my description - it is not another allied nation in exile badge.

This is absolutely Polish badge with pre-WW II design following SPRK badge example.

Please find attached picture - the only one I could find:

Warrant Officers Reserve Cavalry School Badge

Cheers,
    Jacek

Anyone know if Spinks ever produced design catalogues in their history or have an archive as the company still exists?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.