Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

what does "KS Major" stand for?

Article about: I believe he was before the war and possibly during the war part of the Polish Military department, lawyer and maybe judge for the Polish forces in the Middle East... What does this mean for

Default what does "KS Major" stand for?

I believe he was before the war and possibly during the war part of the Polish Military department, lawyer and maybe judge for the Polish forces in the Middle East...
    What does this mean for his rank or army position: ks mjr ? I am very interested in finding out if he was active with the Polish Forces in the ME...
    (He escaped to Romania possibly during September of 1939 and left for British Palestine in January of 1941).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture what does "KS Major" stand for?   what does "KS Major" stand for?  

what does "KS Major" stand for?   what does "KS Major" stand for?  

It is a Roman Catholic chaplain rank and stands for “ksiądz major”, translating to “father major”. I don’t see this rank marked on his passport though.

More information about this individual here - staring at post #80:

The Cross and Medal of Independence

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thanks Tony.
    I have always been fascinated by Polish passports, those being issued in times of emergency and mainly during the war. The item here, I think belonged to a military judge or advocate that also served before 1939 and I believe joined the legal system of the Polish Forces in the Levant, based in Egypt; I am trying to verify this point as well.
    Thank you again for the reply.

Thank you again for the link! Amazing images indeed!