Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wieslaw RACZKOWSKI Service Number 22364 (information needed)

Article about: Hello everybody; I am searching more information to Wieslaw RACZKOWSKI; kia on 17/09/1944 in Axel-Holland. Service Number 22364. Wieslaw was member of the 10 P. Dragonders. And is buried on

Default Wieslaw RACZKOWSKI Service Number 22364 (information needed)

Hello everybody;

I am searching more information to Wieslaw RACZKOWSKI; kia on 17/09/1944 in Axel-Holland. Service Number 22364.
    Wieslaw was member of the 10 P. Dragonders. And is buried on the Canadian war cemetery in Adegem/Belgium.

I was able to adopt his grave, and now i am try to collect as much information as possible.
    This adoption programme is a new step, that i can only bear a warm heart, because this is another step to not forget the sacrifice that was given by the Polish people, to fight for their, and above all, for al our freedom. And to keep this memory alive..

Kind regards, and many thanx in advance!!
    Pieter.

Photograph of his grave;

Hello Pieter,

Many thanks for your post, I can only add the following information on Wiesław Raczkowski,

Date of Birth: 25th February 1924

Place of Birth : Lwów

Date of Death : Sunday 17th September 1944

Service Number: 22364

Buried in the Canadian War Cemetery at Adegem.

That is all that I have been able to glean for you Pieter, I hope that it helps.

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Pieter,

I have just checked through the KW recipients list for the 1st Armoured Division and found that Drag. Wiesław Raczkowski was awarded the KW.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Hello Pieter
    the KW recipients list for the 1st Armoured Division and found that Śp/killed Drag. Wiesław Raczkowski was awarded to:
    Za kampanię...
    Kwx1

Best wishes

Artur

Wauw; thank you very much for this information gentlemen! I am very grateful for this !! !

@ Artur ;
    Is it please possible, to sent me a clear as posible copy of the page where he is mentioned for the KW award.

And another maybe not easy question; but is it possible to know wich type of KW medal, he would have received?

Again, many many thanx for the given information!!
    Kind regards, Pieter.

?

Quote by Pieter1942 View Post
    ...I was able to adopt his grave, and now i am try to collect as much information as possible...
    You are a STAR Pieter

Yes Pieter, you are a good man and well deserving of commendation for generously offering your time and effort in caring for this grave.

Re your question about which specific KW Raczkowski would have been awarded, the Spink made version is in my opinion the best. See picture below. This is the type I see most frequently in genuine 1st Corps period award groupings.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wieslaw RACZKOWSKI Service Number 22364 (information needed)  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I should have added that the Spink cross is a confirmed official Polish Government in Exile issue, produced in London during the war years. Hence it being found in the majority of wartime issued awards for the Polish units congregating in the UK after the fall of France and comprising the 1st Corps (Polish Air Force, 1st Polish Armoured Division, 1st Independent Parachute Brigade, etc).
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank you so much gentlemen for the kind words and information .

I am very grateful that i got the chance for adopting a grave. Above all is Adegem not far from my home, so i have the opportunity to visit the grave of Wieslaw regular, and this is wat i will do .

Many thanx Tony for the advice to the KW award;
    this type i will looking for... .

Kindest regards, and many thanx again!!
    Pieter.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast