Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 2nd Carpathian Light Artillery Regiment (2KPAL)

Article about: Hello! I'm looking for information on the 2KPAL during WW2. My grandfather was part of this regiment during the War and I am hoping to find more information about them as well as if there ar

Default WW2 2nd Carpathian Light Artillery Regiment (2KPAL)

Hello!

I'm looking for information on the 2KPAL during WW2. My grandfather was part of this regiment during the War and I am hoping to find more information about them as well as if there are any regimental badges or patches. Andrzej has helped me to find out that he started as a Bombadier (Lance Corporal Artillery) and by the end of the War was a promoted to Kapral (Corporal).

I would greatly appreciate any additional information anyone can provide about his regiment!

Thanks,
    Chris

Hello Chris,

Many thanks for your post, The following is a list of Senior Officers of the Regiment :

1) Pplk. Józef Hildebrand, VM, KW x 2

2) pplk Tadeusz Czesław Link VM, KW x 2

3) Major Paweł Julian Dąbski–Nerlich, VM, KW

4) Major Zygmunt Branicki, KW

The Regiment was made up of 3 Squadrons each containing 2 Batteries of which each had 4 x 25 Pounders.

1st Squadron was under the command of Kapitan Zygmunt Rusinkiewicz KW x 3

2nd Squadron was under the command of Kapitan Stanisław Hymol, VM, Kw x 3

3rd Squadron was under the command of Kapitan Roman Jerzek

When the Regiment was at full strength it consisted of 50 Officers and 679 NCO's and Other ranks.

I have attached a photograph of a 25 Pounder Mk II taken in front of the Army Museum in Warsaw, for you Chris to see what type was used by the Regiment.

Best wishes

Andrzej
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 2nd Carpathian Light Artillery Regiment (2KPAL)   WW2 2nd Carpathian Light Artillery Regiment (2KPAL)  

Thanks Andrzej! I have seen those types of artillery in various books before and often wondered if that would be the type that my grandfather used during the War. As you can see from the pieces of his personnel file, he was assigned to the 6th battery in the 2PAL (later renamed the 2KPAL). Unfortunately, I understand very little Polish and can read even less so I'm not sure what information these parts of his file are actually telling me