Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 paratrooper badge

Article about: Hello. I just obtained a paratrooper badge from ww2. I wanted some help in finding out whose this was and if it is real and approximate value. The number on the wreath is 1279 and the on the

Default WW2 paratrooper badge

Hello. I just obtained a paratrooper badge from ww2. I wanted some help in finding out whose this was and if it is real and approximate value. The number on the wreath is 1279 and the on the wings is 2013. How can I post pictures?

I found this way to be the easiest when I was finding my feet here, there is another thread in the Tech section should you wish to try it.

The Forum's Original and EASY TO USE Image Hosting Feature
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

WW2 paratrooper badgeWW2 paratrooper badgeWW2 paratrooper badgeWW2 paratrooper badge
    Thanks for your help! I hope you can help with with finding out some info on this piece.

Hello Jewels181,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, the Polish Parachute Badge Numbered : 2013 with the Combat wreath Numbered : 1279 was awarded to :

Surname: Ciunel

Christian Name : Michał

I will look through my other records to see what else I can find about him

Best wishes

And once again Welcome

Andrzej

Hello Jewels181,

I have found the following from my records Michał Ciunel served in the 9th Infantry Company 3rd Battalion under the command of Kapitan Ignacy Gazurek.

The only other information that I was able to glean from the internet was the following it may or may not be the same person:

Michael Ciunel Born 14th October 1922, became a Naturalized American Citizen on the 20th June 1977 and died in 1994 in Litchfield, New Haven, Connecticut, his wifes name was Anna.

Best wishes

Andrzej
    Last edited by andrzejku98; 03-24-2017 at 10:43 PM.

Thank you so much for this interesting info! This would make sense as I live in Connecticut. So are you saying this is an original badge? If so what do you think the value of it would be and the best place to sell if i decide to do so. I find it so interesting, i am going to keep looking local and see if i can find any info.
    Annette

Quote by andrzejku98 View Post
    Hello Jewels181,

May I be the first to welcome you to the Forum, the Polish Parachute Badge Numbered : 2013 with the Combat wreath Numbered : 1279 was awarded to :

Surname: Ciunel

Christian Name : Michał

I will look through my other records to see what else I can find about him

Best wishes

And once again Welcome

Andrzej

Hello Annette,

The badge appears genuine. Sorry, this forum is not a valuation service. You can obtain an indication of market value by scanning the web for past sale information.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hello Annette,

Just a little more information on Michał Ciunel he died on the 16th December 1994 his wife Anna born 2nd October 1920 died 1st March 2012.

That is all that I have been able to find for you

Best wishes

Andrzej

Nice, genuin badge!

I have badge with next number belonged to Stanislaw Wojciechowski!

WW2 paratrooper badge

WW2 paratrooper badge

That is really neat!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast