Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Polish Armoured black beret

Article about: I have what I believe to be a ww2 polish beret, if anyone could tell me the branch or what the fash or symbol under the bullion eagle. Also what rank would this be thanks, also value Sean

?

Default WW2 Polish Armoured black beret

I have what I believe to be a ww2 polish beret, if anyone could tell me the branch or what the fash or symbol under the bullion eagle. Also what rank would this be thanks, also value
    Sean
    Attached Images Attached Images WW2 Polish Armoured black beret  WW2 Polish Armoured black beret 

Default re: WW2 Polish Armoured black beret

I am not sure this is a WWII armoured beret but if anything it might possibly be Polish Resettlement Corps. The three bar symbol denotes rank of Starszy kapral. A better shot of the eagle would nice to see and the Poland flash.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Hi Sean,

The three rank bars denote a Plutowny (Lance Sergeant) the pennon denotes the 15th Poznan Lancers Regiment, 2nd Armoured Brigade, 2nd Polish Corps, 8th Army later 15th Poznan lancers Regiment 14th Greater Poland Armoured Brigade (by the end of the War).

No doubt the other members of the forum will be able to help you a bit more.

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Thanks so much any idea as to value

The beret itself is original, but I will let others who know more than I comment on the insignia.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks again

Hi Sean, Andrzejku's pegged it for you. Nice looking piece. Insignia looks correct for 2nd Corps insofar as type seen on genuine examples. As to value, I could see $400 without a problem.

Regards,
    Today
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Default Re: WW2 Polish Armoured black beret

Thanks much

Default Re: WW2 Polish Armoured black beret

Not a problem. That’s a beautiful beret. She’s a keeper

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne