Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Polish Pilot Observers set: Pilot's photo album (Canada, Paris, U.K et cetera) and WW2 Pilot Observers wing badge

Article about: Hello, I want to share with you my WW2 Polish Air Force Officer items. Set has been discovered in London Area, came together consisting of a large photo album all of which is PAF related and

Default WW2 Polish Pilot Observers set: Pilot's photo album (Canada, Paris, U.K et cetera) and WW2 Pilot Observers wing badge

Hello,

I want to share with you my WW2 Polish Air Force Officer items. Set has been discovered in London Area, came together consisting of a large photo album all of which is PAF related and his pilot observers badge. The photo album sadly has no names or details with it but the badge does have some scratched markings to the rear. The album has many pages showing pilots and girlfriends, beautiful places etc and look to start in Canada( I can recognise in one photo: The No.1 Royal Canadian Air Force Manning Depot in Toronto), then in Paris, many of the photos show a man wearing this badge so presumably it was his, there are only a few showing aircraft: Avro Anson, B-25, and the men wearing parachutes etc but mostly they are of them relaxing, and quite a few seem to be missing, quite an interesting insight into the lives of these men. The pilot observers badge came with the photos, made by J.R.Gaunt of London, it looks to have been silvered at some time and all original finish has long since come off with just a few spots left to the rear and the underside of the screw fixing, there are several scratched markings which we have shown in the photos, when looking at the rear of the badge the left side wing back looks to be marked “RALIA” , "RAWA" or “RAUA” over “Z” the other side near the screw fitting looks to be marked “ADA 44” again not totally sure that it is ADA could also be ADH or similar? the 44 may well be the date? Photograps are not in the order that they are in the album. Here's a few pictures (all together 200+ as I say most of them showing girlfriends, beautiful places, et cetera)
    One picture has description ( W.A.A.F photo) " To Leon Swietlikowski" for sure fighter pilot is not a album owner, I found some basic information about F/O Swietlikowski. He is on No. 303 Polish Fighter Squadron pilot list, time of joining: May 1944 and service number P. 2077. I couldn't find F/O picture, I suppose he is one of the pilots from the album.
    Can you identify these Pilots, Observers, W.A.A.F, RCAF members or wing badge owner? I greatly appreciate any help.
    I am so glad that album and badge survived into the present day. Every picture tells a story. I need to I.D. these peoples. Thank you.

Kind Regards
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Polish Pilot Observers set: Pilot's photo album (Canada, Paris, U.K et cetera) and WW2 Pilot Observers wing badge   WW2 Polish Pilot Observers set: Pilot's photo album (Canada, Paris, U.K et cetera) and WW2 Pilot Observers wing badge  

WW2 Polish Pilot Observers set: Pilot's photo album (Canada, Paris, U.K et cetera) and WW2 Pilot Observers wing badge   WW2 Polish Pilot Observers set: Pilot's photo album (Canada, Paris, U.K et cetera) and WW2 Pilot Observers wing badge  

WW2 Polish Pilot Observers set: Pilot's photo album (Canada, Paris, U.K et cetera) and WW2 Pilot Observers wing badge   WW2 Polish Pilot Observers set: Pilot's photo album (Canada, Paris, U.K et cetera) and WW2 Pilot Observers wing badge  

WW2 Polish Pilot Observers set: Pilot's photo album (Canada, Paris, U.K et cetera) and WW2 Pilot Observers wing badge  

..one more photo.

Regards
    A.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Polish Pilot Observers set: Pilot's photo album (Canada, Paris, U.K et cetera) and WW2 Pilot Observers wing badge  

?

Many thanks for sharing Alex

Cheers,
    Kosa

That is one fantastic album Alex. A rare and important record of a brave gentleman. I hope you can somehow put a name to his face. Leon.

Kosa and Leon, Thank you very much for your comments. I really appreciate it.

Kind Regards
    Alex

?

it could be CANADA 44

some of these pictures could have been taken in Niagara Falls

?

A mixture .... France ... middle East ... Canada ......
    There's a long story in there !!!!!
    Also nice to see the Polish WAAF sporting the Polish Eagle in her cap ..

Quote by jaxmon View Post
    it could be CANADA 44

some of these pictures could have been taken in Niagara Falls
    Jaxmon, Indeed, Very sharp-eyed, Looks like Canada 1944, and I found "9" under letter "A" . Thank you!
    "9" , It could be graduated 9th in the class?, or 9 Observer Training School at St Johns, Quebec? (No.9 AOS , Dates of Operation: 7 July 1941-30 April 1945) Although, this is all speculation.

Kind Regards
    Alex

Quote by Gary J View Post
    A mixture .... France ... middle East ... Canada ......
    There's a long story in there !!!!!
    Also nice to see the Polish WAAF sporting the Polish Eagle in her cap ..
    Gary, Thank you kindly for your comment!

Kind Regards
    Alex