Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

27 Wołyńska Dywizja Piechoty

Article about: It is remarkable that those few pictures that were taken survived given the risks "partisans" in them faced of being identified by the various enemies of the Polish resistance move

Default Re: 27 Wołyńska Dywizja Piechoty

It is remarkable that those few pictures that were taken survived given the risks "partisans" in them faced of being identified by the various enemies of the Polish resistance movement you mentioned earlier!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Yes, indeed. In its height the 27th Division numbered about 6500 men, they were surrounded by Germans twice, some battalions decimated, then they had to lay down weapons and officers most of them went into soviet captivity. And if You think about it, how many people carried a camera with them? How many had one? then there is a question of developing the film, the film roll surviving, etc. It is remarkable indeed.

My grandmother was born and lived Wlodzimierz Wolynski until 1943, when UPA started moving against Poles. She then moved to Luck. Many of her childhood / school friends ended up in 27th AK. I have albums full of photos from that period as well as pre-war ones. Once all my items are unpacked, I will post them. There is few good books about Wolyn and AK in Polish.

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    It is remarkable that those few pictures that were taken survived given the risks "partisans" in them faced of being identified by the various enemies of the Polish resistance movement you mentioned earlier!
    Many people hid the photos and also movement of people from Kresy to the former Reich lands, helped people blend in. My dad's uncle was from Stanislawow (Ivano-Frankowsk today) and joined AK and "ended up" in southern Poland in 1946.

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    I have albums full of photos from that period as well as pre-war ones. Once all my items are unpacked, I will post them.
    Will very much look forward to seeing the photos
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Here are some books that I have that deal with 27th Division AK.

First one:" Bloody harvest behind Styr, Horyn and Slucza." (these are rivers).

Second one:"Through Wolyn and Polesie na Podlasie"

Third: my favorite: "Krwawa Luna" rare book, abt 500 copies i bellieve were printed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 27 Wołyńska Dywizja Piechoty   27 Wołyńska Dywizja Piechoty  

More books:

First one: "Wolyn 1939-1944, extermination or Polish ukrainian fighting"

Second one: "There was such a weapon"

Third: "Conflagration. Battles of 27th Wolynian Division AK"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 27 Wołyńska Dywizja Piechoty   27 Wołyńska Dywizja Piechoty  

More:

Waclaw Kopisto: Por cichociemny "Kra", book is called "Way of cichociemny to Kolyma camps" Arrested by NKVD in Luck, Wolyn, 1944 was a "guest" of soviets until 1955.
    VM, KW x 2.
    Very brave soldier.

BTW, his book has no pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 27 Wołyńska Dywizja Piechoty  

My personal favourite:

"Red nights" by Henryk Cybulski, co-written with Henryk Pajak.
    Henryk Cybulski was a forrester in Wolyn,also an athlete, a runner, arrested by soviets in winter on 1940 and sent to northern work camp, escaped on foot in the spring 1940, for eight weeks doing about 50 to 60 kilometers a day made it back to Kiwerce, Wolyn. Later he became a commandant of a polish base in Przebraze where about 25 thousand people who escaped from the murdering ukrainian rabble lived and fought UPA off succesfully.
    One of a few that actually escaped succesfully from soviet northern work camps.

More books:

Second one: "Polish self defense around Luck"

Third: MIchal Fijalka: CPT cichociemny "Sokol", book is called : "In defense of Wolyn"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast