MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

`Cursed Soldiers` Thread

Article about: by 3mk The broken part of the wing on the eagle was used to show that their members of the NSZ Hi Emil, I think I finally found for my collection one of the eagles you have Do the markings Z

Default Re: `Cursed Soldiers` Thread

Brilliant.....many thanks for scanning and posting
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Here is a blank of a document: it has "secret" in top right corner, and below that copy #.
    It is from the Warden of Court's Prison in ........ and it says : " I am notifying that left in my disposition in that prison...........(Name) has been transfered to Military Prosecutor's disposition. ............
    Below it says: made 2 copies, first one for Military Prosecutor, second for the record.
    Probably made around 1950's, not filled out,lucky for whoever the recipient would have been.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture `Cursed Soldiers` Thread  

Here is a blank of "witness interrogation protocol" from the office of military prosecutor.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture `Cursed Soldiers` Thread  

As for all the cursed Soldiers interest on the thread i thought it would be worth to mention that tommorrow is the National Remembrance Day of the cursed Soldiers. There will be a lot going on across Poland and Polish Institutes abroad. There is a lot of info on the IPN link below if you know Polish fluent.

Narodowy Dzień Pamięci "Żołnierzy Wyklętych"
    http://www.ipn.gov.pl/portal.php?ser...l=910&id=18992

3mk
    ?

Gun and belt of Zygmunt Szendzielarz ''Łupaszka''.

`Cursed Soldiers` Thread

Curious - from that angle it looks like a Hi Power and not a Vis 35. Any way to positively discern the make and manufacturer? If it is a Hi Power I wonder if its a Canadian Inglis?

Inglis Hi-Power

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Gun and belt of Zygmunt Szendzielarz ''Łupaszka''.

`Cursed Soldiers` Thread

3mk
    ?

Hi Dastier, you are right its not a Vis. I found the picture on Muzeum Wojska Polskiego w Warszawie 8 Lutego 1951. Unfortunately it does not say what type of gun it is, but I would also think it is a Browing Hi Power. I don't know much about guns but comparing the gun to the pictures of the Inglis Hi-Power they look the exact same.

I haven't confirmed this but I saw a photo on the Wikipedia site of a Finnish Hi Power with a ramped rear sight (that's what made me think an Inglis). So its possible that it could be a Finnish Hi Power too.

It could even have been taken from a German soldier equipped with a captured Belgium Hi Power. Would like to know the markings on it - any Waffenamts, Finnish or Canadian?

I'm just wondering how a 'cursed soldier' would acquire a Hi Power.

I also found this site: Lithuanian Firearms that mentions that Lithuania had such Browning Hi Powers in service prior to WW2. It would be good to know the serial number of this Hi Power and what if any stamps are on it.

OT: This Lithuanian site is interesting for any milsurp collectors interested in Lithuanian firearms.

3mk
    ?

Hi Dastier,

One source for these weapons might of been Allied airdrops during the war? Theres many photos of AK soldiers wearing Battledress's and holding stens (even piats!), which they received through Allied airdrops.

Found this photo online from the Military Museum in Warsaw. The caption roughly reads ''Confiscated pistols from arrested WiN soldiers by the UB''

Polish Vis, American Colt and Spanish Star.

`Cursed Soldiers` Thread

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast