Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Family Medals and Patches: AK, Warsaw Uprising, or Scouting?

Article about: I'm hoping for opinions on these medals and patches. They are from my father or grandmother or grandfather. Some are likely related to AK or the Warsaw Uprising or simply Polish scouting in

Default Family Medals and Patches: AK, Warsaw Uprising, or Scouting?

I'm hoping for opinions on these medals and patches. They are from my father or grandmother or grandfather. Some are likely related to AK or the Warsaw Uprising or simply Polish scouting in general. Unfortunately, I'm not sure which is which! My grandmother was a leader in scouts and I believe there are some commemorative medals from the 1960s included in the group. Thanks for any help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Family Medals and Patches: AK, Warsaw Uprising, or Scouting?   Family Medals and Patches: AK, Warsaw Uprising, or Scouting?  

Family Medals and Patches: AK, Warsaw Uprising, or Scouting?   Family Medals and Patches: AK, Warsaw Uprising, or Scouting?  

Family Medals and Patches: AK, Warsaw Uprising, or Scouting?   Family Medals and Patches: AK, Warsaw Uprising, or Scouting?  

Hi,
    Mostly Polish Scouts insignia (rather post WW2) but also a few Polish Army in Exile insignia:
    3rd photo - a mixture of different Theathers of Operations:
    - 1st Armoured Division (ETO) patch (winged helmet) and black embroidered beret eagle badge
    - 2nd Polish Corps (Italy) - 3rd Inf Div - Heavy MGs Bn collar patches
    - As above metal cap eagle badges
    4th photo:
    - POLAND tabs
    - 2nd Polish Corps shoulder patches - printed
    - similiar with WARSZAWA word - post WW2 (scouts?) It's coat of arms of Warsaw.
    Also:
    Others:
    - shield made of bricks with combination of P and W (anchore) - Home Army badge issued in 1946 - here - rather later miniatures. On 1st photo also miniature of Home Army Cross medal.
    I hope it help more.

Put better pics of badges (front/back) and more info will be available.
    Greetings
    Rafal