Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

The Holy Cross Mountains Brigade (Brygada Świętokrzyska)

Article about: I really like the badge and ryngraf, I wish I was lucky enough to find such items -,-

3mk
    ?

Default Re: The Holy Cross Mountains Brigade (Brygada Świętokrzyska)

I really like the badge and ryngraf, I wish I was lucky enough to find such items -,-

Ive never seen any NSZ gear even close up in my life, like some said is rare, is great stuff

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    Another recent addition —appears to be an undocumented Polish Guards badge made in Germany. From former soldier of Brygady Świętokrzyskiej. Any clues as to "JW"?

Wow! How quick for a fake copy to be made in Poland... just weeks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Holy Cross Mountains Brigade (Brygada Świętokrzyska)   The Holy Cross Mountains Brigade (Brygada Świętokrzyska)  

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Commemortive badge: NOW (National Military Organization-Narodowa Organizacja Wojskowa) "pogrom" 1945.

Not much known about this badge so any more information welcome
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Holy Cross Mountains Brigade (Brygada Świętokrzyska)   The Holy Cross Mountains Brigade (Brygada Świętokrzyska)  

For reference

A fantastic field set of accoutrements for celebrating mass belonging to Military Chaplain of the PSZ in the west - Holy Cross Mountains Brigade (Brygada Świętokrzyska).

Sold allegro 3 749,99 zł ...sadly I was one of the underbidders

The Holy Cross Mountains Brigade (Brygada Świętokrzyska)   The Holy Cross Mountains Brigade (Brygada Świętokrzyska)  

The Holy Cross Mountains Brigade (Brygada Świętokrzyska)   The Holy Cross Mountains Brigade (Brygada Świętokrzyska)  

Last edited by StefanM; 06-02-2012 at 04:34 PM.

This is my Holy Cross Mountain Brigade badge. As you can see most of the silver plate has come off the front but is present to the rear. I hope it is the real thing as it came from an impeccable source - suposedly. It is supposed to have belonged to a soldier with the name Miklasz. I know nothing more about this man and have no evidence that this is correct. Does a list of personnel exist and does anyone know if he ended up with the 25th Auxiliary Guard Company after the war.
    Many thanks
    James

You could try:

brygadaswietokrzyska.pl

The Brigade archives are now held at:

Fundacja Centrum Dokumentacji Czynu Niepodległościowego, Al. Mickiewicza 22, 30-059 Kraków
    Tel./fax +48 (12) 633 04 07, 633-63-77, w. 3592, E-mail: fundcdcn@if.uj.edu.pl

Not sure if any are still held at: American Polonia in Orchard Lake, Michigan which was the largest archive of the Brigade.

There are a few Brigade history books and memoirs but as far as I know not published a comprehensive list of former soldiers. Many enlisted after the end of the war in Europe and were transferred to Guards units almost immediately.

?

If some one have to sell or trade somethink about Holy Cross Mountain Brigade or National Armed Forces from Poland please for message --> songo_23@wp.pl .

?

My badge of The Holy Cross Mountains Brigade

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast