Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Holy Cross Mountains Brigade (Brygada Świętokrzyska)

Article about: I really like the badge and ryngraf, I wish I was lucky enough to find such items -,-

Default The Holy Cross Mountains Brigade (Brygada Świętokrzyska)

I have an Eagle cap badge made by fighters of the The Holy Cross Mountains Brigade (Brygada Świętokrzyska) which was a unit of the Polish underground NSZ (Narodowe Siły Zbrojne or National Armed Forces) during World War II, which refused orders to merge with the Home Army in 1944 and operated as a unit of NSZ-ZJ alliance. This cap badge belonged to a soldier in 1st Battalion (commanded by Cpt. Waclaw Janikowski ps. "Wilk" [Wolf] ) a unit of 204 pp Sandomierz (commanded by mjr Eugeniusz Kerner ps. "Kazimierz").
    Shoulder board is from same battalion who were were used in the formation of 25 Polish guard companies in the American occupied zone of Germany.

HOLY CROSS BRIGADE
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Holy Cross Mountains Brigade (Brygada Świętokrzyska)   The Holy Cross Mountains Brigade (Brygada Świętokrzyska)  

3mk
    ?

Default Re: The Holy Cross Mountains Brigade (Brygada Świętokrzyska)

These are VERY rare items.How on earth did you find them??!!I have a Ryngraf from a resistance soldier who fought the Germans and Soviets.

Quote by 3mk View Post
    These are VERY rare items.How on earth did you find them??!!I have a Ryngraf from a resistance soldier who fought the Germans and Soviets.
    Hi 3mk,

They are now quite rare. I have seen a similar NSZ 'salamander' shoulder board and several 'salamander' enamel badges over the years but not once the madonna & eagle cap badge. I traded for them some years ago with another collector in Canada (quite a few former Brygada Świętokrzyska and NSZ emigrated there after the war) in exchange for an original metal Skorpion beret badge of which I had several.

For someone who only collects photos I have picked up alot of other Polish militaria along the way

Would very much like to see the 'cursed soldier' Ryngraf from your collection

3mk
    ?

Ill post some pictures soon but be aware Im not the best picture taker.Indeed you really have nice collection for someone just collecting photos.The Holy Cross Mountains Brigade also manufactured there own machine guns without any tools!Ill start a new thread for `Cursed Soldiers`.

Here - a nice Brygada Świętokrzyska badge from my collection Made in 1946 in Germany and awarded perhaps to a member of one of the Guard Coys (Kompanie Wartownicze). Intrestingly - it shows a red enamel on eagle's background and green on "Brygada Świętokrzyska" backround. Officially only first 600 badges awarded to Brygade membebers who were involved in combat in Poland were enamelled. All others made of silver. However I never seen any badge with a number below 2000. Most I've seen were 6000 series. Mine has a 6000-something number.
    Al

3mk
    ?

Thats a amazing badge!Im still looking for ones like these

Yes, it's a rare one. But I guess it should be easier to find one in Northern America than in Poland.
    I'm looking for a lizard badge made in Germany in 1946. The one on the photo is a 1984 version made in Chicago.
    I'm also looking for award docs for both classic Brygada Świętokrzyska and lizard type of badge and would offer very good price if anybody comes with one.
    Rgds
    Al

Skarbek110
    ?

Oh my God! The Brygada Świętokrzyska badge! It's beautiful! My grandpa was the commander of that brigade! If you happen to hear about another one of those badges will you give me a heads up?!

TaraTheTerrible93@gmail.com

A recent aquisition—NSZ ryngraf.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Holy Cross Mountains Brigade (Brygada Świętokrzyska)  
    Last edited by StefanM; 03-17-2011 at 08:19 AM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Another recent addition —appears to be an undocumented Polish Guards badge made in Germany. From former soldier of Brygady Świętokrzyskiej. Any clues as to "JW"?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Holy Cross Mountains Brigade (Brygada Świętokrzyska)  
    Attached Images Attached Images The Holy Cross Mountains Brigade (Brygada Świętokrzyska) 
    Last edited by StefanM; 03-24-2011 at 01:58 PM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast