Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Home Army pictures!

Article about: Sorry Emil, but need to disagree with you. I haven't heard about any specific signs of respect to Warsaw Uprising soldiers from German side. Slaughtering and mass executions of insurgents we

Scout, here's the pic - which was uploaded to the Home Army pics thread by Mariusz. I don't know the details but I'm sure Mariusz or Itakdalej can help.

I can tell you its a Sd.Kfz. 251/1 Ausf. D though, possibly belonging to a SS unit but I'd have to look at the camo closer.

Home Army pictures!

That is it. It was named : "Szary Wilk" or Grey Wolf.

?

Quote by dastier View Post
    Scout, here's the pic - which was uploaded to the Home Army pics thread by Mariusz. I don't know the details but I'm sure Mariusz or Itakdalej can help.

I can tell you its a Sd.Kfz. 251/1 Ausf. D though, possibly belonging to a SS unit but I'd have to look at the camo closer.

Home Army pictures!
    Yet another prompt reaction, thank you!
    Yes, thats the one I was talking about. Pic always stuck in my mind, partly because I really like SDKFZ vehicles, partly because its an excellent quality side shot and partly because of the flag.
    I never knew it was a Wiking vehicle though. Just makes it even more interesting IMO.

?

Quote by Itakdalej View Post
    That is it. It was named : "Szary Wilk" or Grey Wolf.
    Thanks for confirming & info.

After the war Cpt .Cyprian Odorkiewicz "Krybar " later worked in the Polish section of the CIA backed radio station Radio Free Europe based in Munich, as did Tadeusz Chciuk-Celt (Marek Celt) a former cichociemni and political courier along with many other Polish ex-combatants who joined the CIA sponsored voices of freedom broadcasting out of Munich into communist Poland.

Jan Nowak-Jezioranski director of the Polish Section of RFE (1952-76) published a book about the Polish section :
    Wojna w Eterze [War on the Air Waves], Odnowa, 1985.

The Polish section of Radio Free Europe existed between the years 1952 - 1994. The directors of the Polish Section of RFE in Munich were: Jan Nowak (1952-1976), Sigmund Michalowski (1976-1982), Najder (1982-1987), Marek Łatyński (1987-1989) and Piotr Mroczyk (1989-1994). In the People's Republic of Poland RFE was the most listened to foreign radio station.
    Last edited by StefanM; 08-14-2013 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Additional RFE information
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

I used to listen to them years ago, of course the Polish government at the time was trying to jam the broadcast frequently.... Radio Wolna Europa.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10