Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Home Army pictures!

Article about: Sorry Emil, but need to disagree with you. I haven't heard about any specific signs of respect to Warsaw Uprising soldiers from German side. Slaughtering and mass executions of insurgents we

Default Re: Home Army pictures!

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Mariusz these are very nice,Ive never seen them before, are they original photos or are they from a book or something?
    I have same copies from 50, 60, of this pictures. I think I did buy them on CD in 2006 when I was on my vacation in Warsaw.
    Mariusz

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home Army pictures!   Home Army pictures!  

Home Army pictures!  

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home Army pictures!   Home Army pictures!  

I have pictures of Warsaw Uprising taken by Sylwester Braun, Zygmunt Walkowski, and Eugeniusza Lokajski
    Mariusz

Quote by OKW View Post
    . . . Scant help they got at the time from their Polish neighbours! . . .
    Further to 4th Scorpions reply that the Poles did indeed provide crucial assistance, such criticism typically stems from lack of understanding of just how difficult conditions in German occupied Warsaw (and Poland in general) were in comparison to other occupied nations. Secondly, the Polish resistance did not want to jeopardize their plans for a general uprising – something that was in place and being refined since immediately following the Soviet-German occupation in 1939.

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    . . . but I can't agree that Poland was given to Stalin by Churchill or Roosevelt; . . .
    The way I view it was that it was a fait accompli once Hitler turned his tanks toward Moscow, and Stalin joined the Allied camp. There was no other way things could have worked out differently. It was a done deal if ever there was one.

But history will still judge both Roosevelt and Churchill for turning their backs on their staunch Polish allies in the most disgusting manner. For this they can be solely held responsible for. We need look no further than their actions – or rather lack of action - during the Moscow show trial in 1945 of the 16 political leaders of free Poland, tricked with the aid of the Allies into revealing their identities. Innocent men held in complete violation of international law. Polish heroes falsely accused, tortured, imprisoned, and in several cases likely murdered.

Also, it made a mockery of the lofty principles both Churchill and Roosevelt penned in their Atlantic Charter of 1941. How did Poland fare here?:

- Territorial adjustments must be in accord with the wishes of the peoples concerned.
    - All peoples had a right to self determination
    - Freedom from want and fear

But having said that, my father once put it to me this way, which has always stuck with me: the Germans were bent on eradicating the Polish nation and culture, while the Russians only Polish independence. We were lucky to have the lesser of the two evils.

Regards,
    T

“their actions – or rather lack of action” I can add that Franc and England by rather lack of action has encourage Russians in attacking Poland in September 17 1939.

3mk
    ?

Indeed the Western Allies were scared of the Soviets thats why they tried not to mention them nor get them angry.Notice how Britain was sending telegrams to Hitler telling him to get his troops out of Poland,While when the Soviets attacked no telegrams were sent to Stalin telling him to get his troops out of Poland.If the Soviets didnt attack I think Britain and France would acually attack instead of wait.

3mk
    ?

Hey guys,
    I seen this picture on a youtube video so I did print screen and got a picture of it.Can anyone tell what medals are being awarded here?The soldiers are from the NSZ.Can anyone edit out the 2 effects on the pictures?It ruins the look.
    Attached Images Attached Images Home Army pictures! 

Are you sure this is NSZ? Looks to be a cross, but I can’t make out exactly which one. But by virtue of a general doing the awarding I would expect either the Virtuti Militari or Cross of Valour.

Best I can do for you. You’re asking too much as far as editing . . .

Cheers,
    T.

3mk
    ?

Hey Tony,
    The picture was in a video about the NSZ but I cant confirm if it really is.But werent Cross`s of valor and Virtuti Militari`s awarded during a war or shortly after?There all wearing wz.36 tunics so the only war could of been in 1939 but as far as I know none were awarded during the campaign.
    Yeah I guess editing was to much

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast