Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

A.K. unit badges

Article about: Alex thats amazing!From now on Im collecting pre-war exile and post-war AK and resistance items (And the war time items )

3mk
    ?

Default Re: A.K. unit badges

Alex thats amazing!From now on Im collecting pre-war exile and post-war AK and resistance items (And the war time items )

Oh my God! what have I done!
    But seriously - if you would be interested in some badges - pls let me know - I have some rare ( and less rare) spares. I may trade them for things like dog tags or something else. In general this is not an easy collecting theme as these vet badges were often produced in very small series like 10 -25 pieces. I still lack some units, even though these badges were produced in several hundreds.
    I also collect award documents to vet badges - I guess this is even more interesting as give some more info on owners and gives good basis for further research.
    Rgds
    Al

3mk
    ?

Do you mind posting the ones which you have spares of?Maybe some of them might of been awarded to my Great Uncle and Grandfather because they werent awarded anything just treated like out casts because they fought against the communists

Thanks

Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will make some pics.
    Rgds
    Al

WOW
    That's a pretty nice collection !

Hi,

A 1939(?) 'Sharpshooter' badge (or would 'sniper' be a better description) I have that was worn by an A.K. soldier who engraved the Kotwica or 'Polska Walcząca' (Fighting Poland) official symbol used by the Polish secret state and the A.K. on the front of the badge.

On the reverse is stamped 'Zagłoba' which I assume will be either the wearer's nom de Guerre or a specific A.K. unit of that name? But so far I haven't found a unit of that name?

The spinner I guess is a replacement for the original maker's of W. Gontarczyk of Warsaw.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A.K. unit badges   A.K. unit badges  

Very interesting. Never came across another one like this. Hope it's authentic and some greedy idiot haven't screwed up a nice badge just to get a few bucks more.
    Al

Anyone help indentify which unit this A.K. official rubber stamp belonged to? I have had this for some years and not come up with any references?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A.K. unit badges  
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

3mk
    ?

Hey Stephan,
    I highly suspect that the name on the back of the badge is a nom de Guerre rather then a unit name,I think thats why there are qoutation marks around it.

As for the rubber stamp,It says Grupa Lesna=Forest group and Im having trouble with whats written on the bottom ODM and I cant make out what the last letter is?

kordys
    ?

Hi guys, i've got a badge and i am wondering if its the real deal?

More pics at: ImageShack Album - 6 images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast