Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My new furazerka

Article about: Hey guys, I won this cap off ebay.de.In the description It mentioned to have been used in the AK or early after the war.I would like to add a cap badge to It,What model should I add?Can anyo

3mk
    ?

Default My new furazerka

Hey guys,
    I won this cap off ebay.de.In the description It mentioned to have been used in the AK or early after the war.I would like to add a cap badge to It,What model should I add?Can anyone post pictures of furazerka`s in use?
    Thanks

Regards
    Emil
    Attached Images Attached Images My new furazerka 

Default Re: My new furazerka

Hi Emil,

Are there any markings on the furazerka where badges have been removed?

It's hard to advise what eagle to use as there was no standard AK issue as such —in most cases it was entirely dependent on what eagle cap badge was available to the individual soldier—pre-war, home-made, crudely stamped tin, batch-produced stamped and cast copies—you name it, anything applied. Don't forget a Polish flag pennon on the side

Would like to see side view images when you have a spare moment
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Emil,

Here are a few images of 27PP AK soldiers wearing furazerka—you will see that some have eagle cap badges and some do not—again this may be entirely down to whether that soldier had a previous eagle badge he could wear or not.

I don't have any good close-ups that shows you which style of eagle would be appropriate—if any.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new furazerka   My new furazerka  

My new furazerka   My new furazerka  

My new furazerka  

3mk
    ?

Hey Stephan,
    First off thanks for both of your replies!Ill try finding a nice badge and Ill try make my own red and white pennon at the side.

Ill send you new photos when I recive it,Usally I would not bid on a AK cap with no proof,But there were 5 minutes left and the bid was 3 euro why not?So I ended up winning it for 3.50 euro

Regards
    Emil

A great purchase for just 3.5 Euros... I must try harder

3mk
    ?

Alot harder

Regards
    Emil

?

Quote by 3mk View Post
    Hey guys,
    I won this cap off ebay.de.In the description It mentioned to have been used in the AK or early after the war.I would like to add a cap badge to It,What model should I add?Can anyone post pictures of furazerka`s in use?
    Thanks

Regards
    Emil
    I think this furazerka manufactured circa 1950

3mk
    ?

Hey Tomek,
    Thanks for suggesting that.It looked alot like my Grandpa`s early post-war furazerka he gave me from the picture, But It looks completly different.In the picture it looks like a light green and cotton, But Its acually very fine wool and forest green.Ill post pictures of it tommorow.

Regards
    Emil