Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Questions on Grandfathers Medals / Pins / etc

Article about: My grandfather recently passed away and was apart of the 1st Independent Parachute Brigade. We have been going through boxes of the things he kept and we are now trying to figure out what so

Bwar31
    ?

Default Questions on Grandfathers Medals / Pins / etc

My grandfather recently passed away and was apart of the 1st Independent Parachute Brigade. We have been going through boxes of the things he kept and we are now trying to figure out what some of these are.

22 lapel pins, from what I can find mos of these are from Polish towns & cities, but I'm trying to gauge when they would be from, pre, during, post war? Also trying to figure out the significance of them, were these just collected as you passed through or? Some of them seem to be one color while others are muli-colored, etc.

There is also a pin from what I can tell from the scouts, again same question is there anything about this to say when it was from, pre, during, post? or if anyone knows more about this outside of whats on wiki.

There is a patch, or at least looks like a patch, could possibly be a part of a package, but I can't find anything on this Blitz-Metall. Just wondering if this has any significance as it was saved but not sure why.

Lastly we have a polish flag that we were going to put into a display case with his medals etc, I've searched around and havent really found any concise folding procedures. For example I know the American flag is to be folded so that the stars are showing. Just wondering if there is a particular way to fold this to display correctly.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Bryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Questions on Grandfathers Medals / Pins / etc   Questions on Grandfathers Medals / Pins / etc  

Questions on Grandfathers Medals / Pins / etc   Questions on Grandfathers Medals / Pins / etc  

Questions on Grandfathers Medals / Pins / etc  

The Polish ones look post war communist.

Hi,

the pins with arms of Polish cities are from 1960's and 1970's, also the pin of Centrum Zdrowia Dziecka (Childer Health Center), which was build in 1977. Last pin on the right (photo 3) is of Czechoslovak Pioneers organization = like scouts, but in communist period. The cross with lily is of Polish scouts (ZHP), their design was similiar before and after the WWII. Photo of the back could help.

regards
    Tomasz

yes it was common in poland to buy those pins at places you travelled to as a tourist.

Quote by carpediem View Post
    The Polish ones look post war communist.
    I meant to say "the polish city pins". Typed hastily.

Hello Bryan,
    Could you provide information about your father - especially regarding his service in the Parachute Brigade?
    What was his name, service record, decorations, etc
    Greetngs
    Rafal