Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Rotmistrz Roman Medwicz

Article about: i was just joking about cleaning it.

Default Re: Rotmistrz Roman Medwicz

Rotmistrz Roman Medwicz

i was just joking about cleaning it.
    Last edited by Krakow1; 02-08-2019 at 11:10 PM.

Yes we know for a fact that he never went to Great Britain, pictures were taken in Krakow sometime around 1946. Also, during Solidarity times in 1982 (probably before the Stan Wojenny) in Krakow's Klasztor Braci Mniejszych, Mecenas(Attorney) Roman Medwicz decorated some Solidarity people with "Krzyz Zaslugi od Prezydenta RP w Londynie, kurier had brought the medals from London. Needless to say the place was under watch from SB, but he was still not afraid. Also he had three KW awards, i will post soon some more documents.

?

i love it! I especially love the photos of him in the ss uniform and cap and mp40! he was lucky not get shot by the allies as Ade said.Thanks for posting.
    ~Dean

Quote by Itakdalej View Post
    Yes we know for a fact that he never went to Great Britain, pictures were taken in Krakow sometime around 1946 . . .
    Thanks. It would be interesting to find out how me somehow got his hands on the British P40 BD.

. . . Also, during Solidarity times in 1982 . . . Roman Medwicz decorated some Solidarity people with "Krzyz Zaslugi od Prezydenta RP w Londynie, kurier had brought the medals from London. Needless to say the place was under watch from SB, but he was still not afraid . . .
    A courageous man right into his senior years!

. . . Also he had three KW awards, i will post soon some more documents.
    Yes, you can see the multiple KW awards displayed on the ribbon bar on his uniform tunic. I am curious to see which type of KW he was awarded, and look forward to your post.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Here are scans of his Officer's book:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rotmistrz Roman Medwicz   Rotmistrz Roman Medwicz  

Rotmistrz Roman Medwicz  

Rotmistrz Roman MedwiczIn 1985 still during communist rule there was a exhibition in the city of Krakow put on by Roman Medwicz and Janusz Nowak sponsored by History Museum of the City of Krakow. My younger brother who was teenager then remembers it, he attended it and it was a very big deal he said, for the first time since 1945 in Krakow they were able to display a subject that was taboo for so many years.
    Title of exhibition was : "Polish Soldier on the fronts of WW2 "

Rotmistrz Roman Medwicz
    Here are some scans from the booklet, picture quality is bad, old b&w grainy pictures.

First one is uniform and rogatywka belonging to General Piasecki, holder of three class of Virtuti Militari, 3, 4, 5.

Rotmistrz Roman MedwiczThere were three major collectors in Krakow in 1985 that displayed their collections there, here is second one Tomasz Otrebski who until today runs a military shop in Krakow.
    The pictures show a black leather coat for a Rotmistrz of 10th Cavalry Brigade and a jacket of a Lt from 7th Pal.

The third collector was Jozef Jastrzebski, who had a complete set of all pre war Regimental Polish Badges.Rotmistrz Roman Medwicz

Rotmistrz Roman Medwicz
    Also at that exhibition there was another Generals uniform and rogatywka displayed, one belonging to General Bernard Mond.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast