Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Searching for my hero relatives

Article about: Hi, my name is Kasha, and I am new here. I came on, because I have 3 relatives who all fought in the Polish Underground during the Warsaw Uprising. My mother was Maria Przytula aka Maryna or

?

I asked my sister the question about the researcher thought that my mom could be from the ghetto. She said, just by the way she looked and her story that she told. She said many Jews did whatever it took to protect themselves, and mix themselves well, for pure survival sake. My mom survived, somehow 3 concentration camps...3!!!!

?

BTW, my mom and Chris married right after the war...maybe 1946. Yes, cause my brother was born in 1947. Part of me wonders if why she never took back her original birth name, was maybe because Chris only knew her by her nom de guerre. But, I don't know. Letting him know her real name, may have opened up a whole can worms that she would rather put behind.

?

Do you think my mom looks Jewish????

The camps should also have their own muzeums and archives so that also could provide documents of her time there.

I take it you know Królik is Polish for "Rabbit". I dont believe this surname has any jewish connection. So like Skorpion said if it is so it could be an adopted surname over time.

You seem to have a lot of information to work from to dig out more

A search of the JewishGen databases reveal a large number of Jewish families with surname "Krolik" together with distinctly Jewish first names (see below sample) there are 78 references in the Kalisz Gubernia dataset alone.

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by Kasha View Post
    Do you think my mom looks Jewish????
    Not if basing an opinion on a stereotypical view of how a Jewish person should look.

update:

I forgot to mention that the stereotype of red hair associated with being Jewish was prevalent in Poland and remains so in parts of Eastern Europe.
    Last edited by StefanM; 11-19-2013 at 03:29 PM.

?

I think my sister did get some information from the camps, but it was more about what she did there rather than anything else. What we need to find out is what Eugenia's parents were called. That might give us a clue. I thought krolik also meant king in Polish. I think you maybe right about changing the name. I will ask Dudek to do further research on her family. Thanks everyone. Your input has been invaluable. You just have no idea!!!!

Kasha do you have this book?

Maria Przytula "Woroniecka"

and pluton 1105:

?

No. Have never seen it. Wow. What does it say about her?

Quote by Kasha View Post
    No. Have never seen it. Wow. What does it say about her?
    Unfortunately I cannot say as I do not have this particular book. However it can be purchased second-hand very cheaply on Allegro auction site in Poland:

GRUPA 'KRYBAR' POWISLE 1944

Interesting it uses the form of name Maria Woroniecka rather than Maria Przytula "Woroniecka"

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast