MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Trees of partisans

Article about: Hi. A month ago I was in interesting forest... This forest "has seen", among others partisans, Hubal and Ponury. Among the old trees were these two:

?

Default Trees of partisans

Hi.

A month ago I was in interesting forest...
    This forest "has seen", among others partisans, Hubal and Ponury.

Among the old trees were these two:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trees of partisans   Trees of partisans  

Trees of partisans   Trees of partisans  

Default Re: Trees of partisans

Hello f35jsf

Thank you for posting these pictures. I am guessing that these would be taken in the forested area of the Świętokrzyskie Mountains, which is very near the birthplace of my parents (in a rural area outside the city of Kielce). In fact, my uncle Stanisław Zawadzki was a member of the Polish Armia Krajowa in the Kielce region and could very well have spent time in this very forest.

Pozdrowienia!

Tony

?

It's Suchedniowskie forests (lasy suchedniowskie), north of Kielce.

So your parents are from the świętokrzyskie?
    Small world

Pozdrawiam.
    Paul.

Witaj Paweł . . . er . . . Paul!

My father was born in Bilcza (also birthplace of famous patriot Piotr Sciegienny who was the great uncle of my grandmother, maiden name Sciegienna). My mother was born in Brzeziny, just west of Morawica. The majority of my aunts, uncles and cousins still live in these towns.

I hope to visit there next year. I’ve been to Poland only twice, and the last time was way back as a young boy in the 1970’s. It’s been far too long, and there is much I want to see.

Best regards,
    Tony

?

He he very very very small world

GFC
    ?

Holy Chit !

My mother came from Staszów..... but came to the states before the war. Her relatives were with the Jędruś Group

(punch in " Jędrusie " on English Wikipedia - do not know if teh below link will work)

J?drusie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just got this a few weeks ago..... have not finished, but i HIGHLY RECOMMEND it as one of the better partisan memoirs

Amazon.com: In the Polish Secret War: Memoir of a World War II Freedom Fighter (9780786438228): Marian S. Mazgaj: Books

Not cheap, but well written, and very well worthwhile for the Świętokrzyskie crowd!

?

It's amazing that in this forum I meet people related with Świętokrzyskie

On the map you can see Suchedniowskie forests where in april 1940 Major Hubal fought with the Germans.

Pozdrawiam.
    Paul.

PS
    You can see my threads:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...-relics-11098/
    Roadside Crosses from Poland
    ...it is also Świętokrzyskie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trees of partisans  

GFC, i managed to get info from grandfather in law other day about his parents, he said his father dissapeared in ww2 one but he knew he was a Partyzant in the Mielec area, i did bit of searching and came across the Jędrusie aswell, they did lot of action there and much of the areas of Mielec and Kielce, looked on the site but unless pics exsist or info is known there is no lists of fighters in that unit beyond the most well known and documented