Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is this pistol?

Article about: Any thoughts on identifying this pistol used by the BCH partisans in Poland?

Default What is this pistol?

Any thoughts on identifying this pistol used by the BCH partisans in Poland?

What is this pistol?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

I would first say it originally was a rifle .

Could you please post pics of the top view ?

Looks like a karabine to me, missing the stock and wood, and shortend. Could even be a K98, Mauser or Radom, would like to see a picture of the other side, of the bolt.

Unfortunately this is the only photo that I have.

I see now that a modified rifle would make sense of this weapon as there was another photo this time of a PPSz used without a wooden stock:

What is this pistol?

Its look to me to be a k98 with woodwork removed and new butt added

Definitely a modified Mauser, k98 ..great partisan construction, do you know if it was used in the uprising as its a very crude construct,for my mind a semi thrown together in a hurry weapon
    What is this pistol?

It would have one hell of a kick when fired but a interesting set up

Would be very hard to control, with a fierce recoil and much lighter than the full rifle and no way of supporting the front part short of grabbing the bare barrel-I would doubt anyone would actually shoot it (twice anyway).

It would be a two hand close quarter weapon, thats why i think its more an uprising weapon as opposed to a "Partisan"..I have fired a cutdown Turkish Mauser before,but it still had some wood so was able to hold down..

Unlikely used in the Rising because although Bataliony Chłopskie (or BCh, Polish Peasants' Battalions) operated in the Warsaw Voidship it did not take part in the Rising. Both of the illustrated weapons are now in the Mauzoleum w Michniowie in Kielce

Bataliony Chłopskie (or BCh, Polish Peasants' Battalions) was both a resistance movement and a partisan organisation and in 1943 some tactical units of the BCh were transformed into special units carrying out diversionary and reprisal actions. I can envisage such modified weapons being easier to hide beneath a coat and being used in close-quarter actions (as suggested) such as assassinations, hit-and-run operations etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast